Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Another attack

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Another attack

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

:- :'( Ohh no. so sad  :'(

*Lassie*

must have been left on their own with the babe 🙁
    Shouldn’t happen but at least it’s not a black and tan this time

Anonymous

🙁

2 dobes attacked a man in Hampshire the other day, only heard it on the local news though.

*Nat*

Was reading about this attack this morning, terrible  :'(  I thought the same as Lassie, why were the dogs alone with a baby  >:(

Anonymous

and – why were they left alone with the baby in the middle of the night downstairs …?

*Nat*

Always so many unanswered questions with these attacks!!

I used to know a dobe who was unruly due to the owners  ::)  but when a baby cried or child squealed, it was like a switch going off in her head and she would just attack the closest thing to her.  People don’t realise that babies are weird things to a dog, they’re small and helpless and make strange exciting noises which can make the dogs see the baby much like a injured rabbit, easy prey. 

I heard Roger mugford on the radio this morning, complaining about the dogs being PTS already.  He raised a very valid point that although they would have been PTS anyway, they could have tested the dogs to find out any triggers and whether this could have been seen coming.  Too late now  🙁

Justine&Rafe

Soooo sad.  When will people realise that no matter how good their dog is with children, it just isn’t responsible to leave them alone with babies and toddlers!  Could be the child crying, could be a wasp sting in summer, could be ANYTHING that could set the dog off.  Why do some people risk their children’s lives by assuming they know better????

Anonymous

I agree Jus 🙁

It is just so sad.  I love my 2 and they’ve never shown any kind of aggression towards Harry but last week Bonnie wasnt feeling well with a water infection and her response is to hide away in bed and feel all sorry – she was grumping at Harry – even from a distance – i think to warn him away from her because she was feeling so low. 

now, its all sorted and back to no grumbles again 🙂

and these are 2 dogs that have lived with a child growing up for 3 years now and used to having him around and know they can retreat to their own spaces etc …

Claire x

Sweetypye

People often associate attacks such as these with big dogs however both dogs in question were terriers; terriers are triggered by squeaks etc, watch what a JRT does when it hears rats!

.dodger.

very sad :'(
    [quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=13646.msg260182#msg260182 date=1234173050]
    People often associate attacks such as these with big dogs however both dogs in question were terriers; terriers are triggered by squeaks etc, watch what a JRT does when it hears rats!
    [/quote]
    a very good point by both Sweetypye and Laura :yes:

Yeah, i mean even Izzy’s demeanor totally changed around my sisters friends baby.  She was on the floor in a travel seat for a min and she started squealing.  Izzy went on the alert straight away, much the same way she does when i have her fav squeaky ball or when i have to pick up the neighbours cat when he comes in the house  ::) she cautiously went up to the seat and was very skittish until she quietened down.

Someone else mentioned somewhere that these attacks always seem to happen at the grandparents out, which would be another reasons, the dogs not being used to have kids there+sharing the attention

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime