Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

As per Lassie’s request…. Simba!

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion As per Lassie’s request…. Simba!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    melinda

Here you go Lassie, here’s my rubbish collie (I jest!).  She has other qualities, she’s a snugglebug and as Oscar has now proven by comparison…she’s sooooo well behaved!  ;D

As Bev is aware, Simba hasn’t had the best start in life and is a bit messed up.  She was fear aggressive and really snappy when we got her, I would defy anyone to find a more nervous dog than she was.  Took us well over a year to be able to walk her and touch her properly.  There was a big question mark over her future for a while…but we stuck with her and she’s come out the other side and is actually a lovely girl, if she knows you.  She’s utterly devoted to the pair of us and we to her.

She’s only little, approx 18inches and weighs in a bit under 14kg, she’s a midget collie but all the better for cuddles!  Oh, and she doesn’t have a full tail.  Her mum bit it off when she killed the rest of the litter, she was pulled from the mother’s mouth and handreared.  We put some of Simba’s problems down to her ‘mummy issues’  :-\

With Jack’s mum’s dog Shabba
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/melamaphine/Photo295-2.jpg[/img]

With her collie pup friends

melinda

Cheeky face!

[img width=468 height=351]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/melamaphine/Photo260-2.jpg[/img]

Cuddle time with Zippy
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/melamaphine/Photo264-2.jpg[/img]

And this is my previous Rough Collie, Laddie.  My family rescued him as his previous owners emigrated and left him behind…he was about 10 years old.  We only had him for under 2 years, he fell down a rabbit hole and hurt his back and became paralysed in his back legs.  However, his mind and front end was still good, so we got him a doggy wheelchair and he loved it, still chased his toys and went for walks for a good while after.

He was a brilliant collie, he was what I was hoping to get when I got Simba, but she is somewhat different in every way!  ::)

[img width=468 height=329]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/melamaphine/tizzy/laddie/laddie2.jpg[/img]

*Lassie*

She is beautiful :-* and about the same size as my overgrown sheltie ;D
    love the last picture of her sitting in the woods

melinda

Thank you Lassie  ;D

As a breed, they’re all pretty damn gorgeous aren’t they!  Your sheltie and collie are both stunning too.. I never tire of looking at collies/shelties, they’re just breathtakingly beautiful  :yes:

Mudgie

lovely doggies – your collie is very beautiful

*Lassie*

[quote author=melinda link=topic=14787.msg272828#msg272828 date=1254321586]
    Thank you Lassie  ;D

As a breed, they’re all pretty damn gorgeous aren’t they!  Your sheltie and collie are both stunning too.. I never tire of looking at collies/shelties, they’re just breathtakingly beautiful  :yes:
    [/quote]

No argument from me there ;D I love all collies except the smooth collie, they always look as if something is missing – like a coat 😉

Beautiful – both of them  :-*

*jody*

Ooo I knew I recognised the name and definately the picture of Simba, its jody from collienet  😀

xtine

I love the cheeky face one  ;D they are beautiful dogs  :-*

Anonymous

Simba is a beauty  :-*

melinda

Hi Jody!

Thank you all, she’s my pretty girly… she knows it though

She woke me up this morning, I didn’t have to do the dawn walk today because Jack is home to take them…but she has decided that I should get up and entertain her anyway.

I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm was due to go off, with a long collie nose right in my face and a paw being whacked on my head. 

She’s definitely a spoiled brat!  I think maybe sleeping on the bed privileges may be removed from now on  😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime