Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Awaiting Latifahs vwd test, any ideas on the turn around time?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Awaiting Latifahs vwd test, any ideas on the turn around time?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    latifah

Got a call back from the kennel club to discover that she’s not kc registered, nor are any litters of dobermans born on her date of birth. So we now have a vwd test being posted to us, fingers crossed that everything will be fine. Does anyone know how long the turnaround for the test takes?

*Lassie*

Jaydex should know  :yes: she’s not on line at the mo but you could always PM her incase she misses this post ;D

*Lassie*

Just checked her thread about Kodi’s tests as that was one of the tests she had done, took 15 days from post to results 😉

Izzie

the KC have a good turn round for VWD results

Send a copy of your receipt with the breeders name and address with a note saying you brought this dog as a KC registered dog with papers to follow explain the fact you have been chasing for the papers and as the breeders gave you the Affix what can the KC do.

The breeder should not get away with this :nono:

Yes, isn’t this also an issue for trading standards.  They cant be allowed to get away with selling non health tested non KC reg dogs as KC registered!  :nono:

latifah

Just a waiting game, at this moment we just want to check shes ok, Chances are that if she does have vwd her insurance will go up too (not sure, will look in to it)? Hopefully by March we’ll know the answer. I agree that the breeder shouldn’t be getting away with this, apparently she’s still breeding other dogs now, but not dobes.

latifah

We would need to go to small claims court was basically what we were informed, as we have signed written receipts from breeder. Although we haven’t found a good solicitor for dog’s. Ours is family law, spoken to two different ones and citizens advice. Will speak to trading stanards too. You never know how many other poor pups are affected. 

*Lassie*
    Izzie
    Anonymous

Glad youre getting it done, like Lassie said Kodi’s was pretty quick,  there will be a date on the letter when you need to get it back to them by, they send them in batches so its cheaper, you only pay for the test.
    Funnily enough I am just talking to a friend on Dobe forum who just asked me if I know a ‘breeder’ who uses the KC name Chevolets!!!!

Ms Buckingham/Boydell/Bianes ( not sure if she knows what her name is at the moment ::)) is now trying to sell 15 & 24 week old pups to a friend of hers, no health tests no injections!

latifah

Add the name buckingham-Redman to that list. Her hubbie wrote it down for me. I love latifah to piece’s but wish we’d known everything before we started. Latifah was a 16week old and she still has marks on her elbows, where her skin was really dry and crusty when we got her – no injections but should have papers and predigree. How much I know now.

Anonymous

We live and learn 😉 most important thing is you gave her a great home and she’s happy.
    Thanks for that name will pass that on 🙂

latifah

Thanks Izzie, that law definatey applies to us, she is running a business and she did specify. Although would never dream of giving her back for a refund.

Mudgie

at least she has a caring loving home  :-*  Hope her tests are okay. 

Don’t realise until they are with us how mudge they get under our skin and into our hearts and then you are there for them – hook, line and sinker….  Nacho is 4 years old next month.  Every day he makes me laugh and smile  – my world is a much sunnier place to be with him in it.  :-*

latifah

Test has arrived this morning, less than 24 hours very quick. Read the instructions, can’t do it yet as i gave her a treat when i got in, then read she shouldn’t eat before hand. So tomorrrow before work/breakfast they should be done, then all i’ve got to do is wait. All for just 94 euros.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime