Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Awful thing happened in park – what could I have done?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Awful thing happened in park – what could I have done?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Justine&Rafe

SP – I think the note is for the noticeboard in the park – not a note for in a first aid kit…

If you do find out anything, of course let us know… Don’t know what I’d have done in your place.  Think vet was most sensible answer…  And v interested about Bev’s lift thing…

Had never even thought about that sort of situ before now.

kizkiznobite

practising on pups is fine..ish…as val said show pups gets used to the pick up and position but with an injury takes a wee  bit more….and using pups helps to get in cues but..to be honest it needs the growth factor with weight…loki will do this…take it steady ..each bit clicked and rewarded..build it up…he will accept it am sure…

Mudgie

nope I have it printed off in first aid box in car – which if going on walk with pooch doubles as a bumbag – no point having first aid stuff in car when half way up ben lomond  ;D

xtine

{hugs}} Sarah.. not a nice thing to see happen, i have no idea what i would have done  :-\ sounds like you did the right thing  :-*

*Lassie*

It really is scary when something like that happens :scared:
    When I was a teenager we had a JRT pup which slipped his collar and ran up to some horses barking. One horse kicked him in the head pushing his eye out of the socket.
    Then a couple of years ago Casper ate a wasp and his throat started to close up, I had ten minutes to get him to the vets 😮
    Both times it was a scoop and run job then feeling sick and getting the shakes when it’s all over.
    Widget you did well to get through to the owner to get the dog to the vet, when you are in shock your brain turns to mush and it’s hard to even move.
    Hope the little dog made it.

Diesel73
    quote :

Then a couple of years ago Casper ate a wasp and his throat started to close up, I had ten minutes to get him to the vets
    Both times it was a scoop and run job then feeling sick and getting the shakes when it’s all over.

Hé! Been through that twice last year with Dies. No throatstung, but stomach  ::) . Was aaawefull  :death: .

Damne Widget, must have been frightning  :scared: .

quote :

Widget you did well to get through to the owner to get the dog to the vet, when you are in shock your brain turns to mush and it’s hard to even move.

Yes Widget you done vèry well.

Aww Sarah how you feeling now hun?  Must have been horrid, please let us know if you find out anything about the poor dog  :'(

Anonymous

no more news today – asked everyone in the park, one bloke thinks he’s seen her before but doesn’t really know the owner or know where she lives.  🙁

Thanks all for your support – v. much appreciated.  :-*

Lassie – that thing about the horse and your JRT is the sort of thing I hate to think of happening – My horse is really not a fan of dogs messing around near his feet (not many horses are). Loki is very good around horses – and my horse is fine with him and other dogs we ride out with – but I met two JRTs that stood there barking at me – horse going nuts – owner powerless – If they’d got close he would have kicked them – am sure of it  🙁  Makes me v. nervous when dogs charge up to the horses. (incidentally – that prob makes it worse – and horse more worried!)

Anyway – will update if I hear anything. xx

Hi,

Yep it would definately affect the horse – horses can tell nervy riders like me 🙂  well our horse can !!  she goes gentle on me and is still like a flipping foal (at 18) with my sister lol !!!!!

Claire x

*Lassie*

The horses the JRT was barking at was young racehorses, guaranteed to jump and kick 😉

Mudgie

widget what park were you in?

Anonymous

am so relieved – have some good news on this!  ;D

Bella is ok!

She got a twig stuck down throat – but apparently managed to get it out herself on way to vets. Owner said it must have somehow changed position while she carried her to car.

I wondered if it had got more mucus covered and maybe been easier to cough up?  Anyway – am v. surprise as dog was apparenly semi concious when I last saw it – head lolling and not trying to cough anymore – so is amazing!

fantastic news !!!!! 😀

i just walked through our park and there is a sign up ..

“thank you to the kind man in the blue top for helping rescue our chocolate labrador from being killed by an offlead staffordshire terrier”

i dunno what happened but i sure as heck think he is one brave man 😀

claire x

claire what park was that  😮
    great news about the dog!! ;D ;D  :ok:

kizkiznobite

brill news sarah….and maybe just maybe you sticking hand down dislodged enough …. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime