Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Baby teeth

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Baby teeth

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    *jody*

Just a quick one, and apoligies for not posting much lately, Im chocka with commissions right up to Christmas at the moment  :ugly:

After my little scare at the vets the other week (nurse told me Jake had lost an adult incisor when he hadnt) he now has all 6 adult ones at the front, but still two baby ones intact.  Any ideas how to help them along as I dont want his teeth mishapend.  Will his chicken wings help this along enough do you think?  Just wondered if anyone had any tips.  They havent been there long so I know I still need to give it time  😉

*Lassie*

Tam retained a couple of his baby teeth but they did come out in the end and he has nice straight teeth, the vet will whip them out if necessary but chewing will help 😉

Anonymous

Give him lots of bones not just chicken and a few tugger games they will come out

Anonymous

picked up some pork ribs in the reduced counter today – wills and bonnie say they’ll e-mail you some !! 🙂

come out soon little tooth-e-pegs !!!  :surrender:

*jody*

Thanks everyone, –  what other kinds of bones?  I drew a blank in Asda the other day and ended up heading towards chicken wings again, couldnt see pork ribs but I need to have a better look  :ok: Talking supermarket type stuff here due to lack of butchers  😀

Anonymous

Not very good at supermarkets  :help: but things like spare rib bones, belly of pork  sure someone that shops in a supermarkets will add to the list

[quote author=danhappy link=topic=12447.msg240688#msg240688 date=1221506328]
    Thanks everyone, –  what other kinds of bones?  I drew a blank in Asda the other day and ended up heading towards chicken wings again, couldnt see pork ribs but I need to have a better look  :ok: Talking supermarket type stuff here due to lack of butchers  😀
    [/quote]

*jody*

See we dont generally buy red meat at all here so Im not too familiar with all the cuts and joints etc but I will have a look our for what you have mentioned 🙂

Thanks ;D

Anonymous

I don’t buy meat full stop  ;D only for my dogs and most was walking around the day before I can’t relate to what is sold in supermarkets

[quote author=danhappy link=topic=12447.msg240699#msg240699 date=1221508485]
    See we dont generally buy red meat at all here so Im not too familiar with all the cuts and joints etc but I will have a look our for what you have mentioned 🙂

Thanks ;D
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Hi,

where supermarket shopping is concerned you can save money by:

1 – buying frozen instead of fresh

2 – looking at the ‘reduced’ counters

3 – using ‘bogof’ or other offers

Common meats (fresh meat) are:

Pork – i only get ribs (belly is just meat) if you like pork loins you can buy chops and remove bone for dogs and voila loins !

Beef – ‘bone in’ beef tends to be on the counter not on shelves
    Turkey – you can get whole “drumsticks” which are huge, take off the meat for eating and use the bone.
    Chicken – wings, skin on thighs are the cheapest cuts – tesco do a 12 wing pack which is very handy.  all british too.
    Lamb – shanks, chops (do as for pork if you like the meat), ribs …

they also sell … heart, liver, kidneys no idea on price as i dont “do” grim bits – bev has only just got me handling bones !!

(i shop at tesco so comments relate to where they store meats)

Bear in mind that except for Morrisons (who do butcher their own meat and do sell bags of ‘clean’ bones) that all the cuts will have meat/fat on them too for human eating.

*jody*

Thank you that really helps, I struggle with our own human shopping so that gives me a better idea.  I have bought the turkey legs before for Dante and Amber, could take Jake near on a week to get through one hee hee.  He’s up to 2 chicken wings at a time at the moment, he was in his crate for 45 mins the other day chomping away  :confused:

Might look into Morrisons butchers see if I can snag anything  😉

Anonymous

Hi,

I think like alot of butchers they do all their butchering on one day so my advice is go up to the counter and ask if you cannot see any obvious – if they dont have any ask which day is best 🙂

claire x

*jody*

Woo hoo!  One of them has come out, the others loose  :ok:

They dont half like to worry you dont they, Ill be sooo pleased when he has is full set of adult ones lol.  Good thing is the judge at the ringcraft match says he has a lovely scissor bite.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime