Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

basenji

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs basenji

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    robbie

Does anyone own a basenji?ย 
    ๐Ÿ™‚

.dodger.

to my knowledge i don’t think anyone owns a basenji on here. Do you own one? ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

hiya,

nope but i did alot of looking into the breed before we got our 2nd dog.ย  if you are thinking about owning one, i definately reccommend talking to a couple of reputable breeders.ย  you might have to travel a little way, i seem to remember my nearest was just into the next county but not actually all that far ๐Ÿ™‚

also – dont be fooled that “barkless” means “noiseless” because they definately make noise lol !!!!

claire x

Lucyr

I don’t own one but used to really love the breed.ย  I know a woman who had 2 males and recently lost one at the age of 12 (I think).ย  They don’t go off lead and are constantly looking around to hunt!

I cared for one at the kennels he was a sod around other dogs, cute enough though and love his noisesย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

hi,

the lady i spoke to said she doesnt let hers off the lead except in secure places too – thats one of the things that tipped my decision as i dont have good secure facilities locally and there are alot of wild animals on the land we walk at.ย  i couldnt be sure that i would provide enough exercise and even with bev’s help i didnt know if i would get a good enough recall it being my first classical pup – in the end bonnie dog stuck her little face out at us and the rest is history!!

she said her dogs were ok with other dogs but didnt meet that many.

claire.

Anonymous

There was one at SEEDC last week not sure why as it was a Dobe show, but if anyone went to stroke it it nearly took their hands off!

robbie

Hi Thanks for your messages i dont own one i have a shiba that you have to be careful letting off the lead. the basenji just looks really nice and i like the part they are like the shiba dont bark much and are very clean..but maybe getting another breed that has to be on the lead is not a good idea…
    thanks again…

Anonymous

hi,

they dont bark but bleedin heck they sure can make some noise !!!

claire x

basi

Don’t know if you are still wanting to get in touch with an owner but I have 3 Basenjis if you want some info on them.

kizkiznobite

there is no real excuse or reason why any dog cannot be let off leash….some just take more effort than others is all

basi

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13647.msg264024#msg264024 date=1237584955]
    there is no real excuse or reason why any dog cannot be let off leash….some just take more effort than others is all
    [/quote]

I agree although 1 out of the 3 of mine can not be let off as she will just take off if she gets the whiff of something nice, her instinct is just too strong sadly. Though I do have somewhere that is fully enclosed so she can get some off lead time thankfully.

ooooooooooooooh i would love to see any pictures of your dogs and hear about them ๐Ÿ™‚

basi

[quote author=claire wills + bonnie link=topic=13647.msg264048#msg264048 date=1237622533]
    ooooooooooooooh i would love to see any pictures of your dogs and hear about them ๐Ÿ™‚
    [/quote]

You can see them all on my website ;D

[quote author=basi link=topic=13647.msg264058#msg264058 date=1237631055]
    [quote author=claire wills + bonnie link=topic=13647.msg264048#msg264048 date=1237622533]
    [/quote]

You can see them all on my website ;D
    [/quote]

Gorgeous puppy pix!ย  :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees โ€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime