Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

BBC may axe Crufts coverage

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News BBC may axe Crufts coverage

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Diesel73

[quote author=Val link=topic=12259.msg237265#msg237265 date=1219246518]
    Hope the BBC do drop it, there coverage is crap anyway
    [/quote]
    Many othe countries value the BBC’s thoughts. BBC ditches something than it must be bad….. Good UK breeders at the moment, by the rest of Europe, are not getting the credit they deserve for all their hard work.  🙁

Anonymous

I agree Dyane today as it’s been the day from hell with all the phonecalls etc, I pulled out my grooming box and played hunt the cavies I have 16 on my books two are under five both healthy, then the ages range right up to sixteen I have two that have heart problems and one that died two weeks ago at fourteen from heart problems that she has had for a few years.
    And one of the fourteen yrs olds has eye problems if any have SM they do not have any problems showing at all, they are all different types so I guess have come from a wide range of breeders, as I have said before they are a breed to take care when buying but I still think they do a lot of research in the breed.
    Val

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=12259.msg237270#msg237270 date=1219248190]
    [quote author=Bevers2406 link=topic=12259.msg237219#msg237219 date=1219214997]

I all those pitiful, trusting Cavaliers dying young of heart problems or having to be put to sleep when they’re in agony because their brain is too big for their skull?

[/quote]

Well i have 2 cavaliers with SM & one has no symptoms at all(diagnosed by MRI scan) & the other by having three 30sec SM episodes in 2006 he is 8 next month & both dogs contrary to what you have written have clear hearts Lou is 7 & JD is 7(nearly 8)

Now I wonder why no coverage of Addisions in Beardies, Epilepsy in Labs ? obviously not spectacular the Boxer & the Cavalier.

I wonder why the makers contacted a breeder & asked to film a mating, when she told them she had no plans to breed her dogs in the time frame they required she was asked to do a mating just for the program !! How responsible was that(the breeder’s dogs BTW are all health tested but clinical & DNA)
    [/quote]

wags

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12259.msg237264#msg237264 date=1219246484]
    [quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12259.msg237259#msg237259 date=1219242037]
    [quote author=wags link=topic=12259.msg237256#msg237256 date=1219241262]
    marry me Nick  😉
    [/quote]

sure, what the hell. Got any money?

😉 😀
    [/quote]

She hasnt but if you look after her I will give you loads  ;D
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D

love you Mudgie

Mudgie

ditto wagster ditto  :-*

I have to say I have only been to Crufts once with the guys off this board actually  ;D  I hated the “show” part of it.  Some and I am not generalising some were truly stressed in crates all day hyper barking totally not liking it in the slightest – I just didnt like it.  I know a lot of people do like that but I dont – my choice.  I enjoyed watching the working dogs, demonstrations and the youngsters of the KC doing agility – but how long have the pooches been hanging about all day  ???  just not my cup of tea  :-\

Anonymous

A bit OT but I have found a breeder who has MRI scanned since the scheme was made available & has always out crossed anyway & now only breeds from MRI scanned clear dogs & bitches So not all Cavaliers are cursed with SM !

Anonymous

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12259.msg237198#msg237198 date=1219183542]
    If the BBC drop it it may be picked up by another channel so we get more dogs and less presenters ;D
    [/quote]

lets hope so, cable or sky, then we they could show complete days of it, maybe even a little of each breed class and all BOB’s ;D

Not everyone has cable or sky – should be shown on a channel on freeview at least.

Anonymous

Cable is unheard of down here, and few have sky but we all have freeview so that we can watch channel 5 think that could be a likely home for Crufts as they do a lot of animal programmes.
    Me I could not care less if it ever find a home on the TV it was bad enough competing with trade stands but now we have the TV as well it’s a bigger nightmare, plus it’s made the KC even bigger headed that they were already it’s hardly a dog show more of a logistical nightmare with dogs thrown in
    Val

True Val – but for those who cant go they like to see it on tv, I think? Channel 5 would be good – specially as soon everyone will have freeview  🙂

Yeah channel 5 have done a much better job with my fav programme, neighbours than the BBC.  No missing 2weeks of it for the Olympics for a start!  😀  So i think they’d do an alright job of Crufts

Anonymous

I thought that it was the most appaulling, biased program that I’ve seen for ages and I’m glad that I wasn’t associated with it. 

Of course there are breeders who don’t health test and don’t care, and of course something should be done about them, but the vast majority of breeders that I know spend a lot of time, money and emotion trying to breed fit health dogs that are good representatives of their breeds.  Others have been following the ‘experts’ advise to sort out breed problems for years and have made no progress at all.  All this ‘outcrossing solves all problems’ is just a load of twaddle!  You just bring in more problems to the line.  ::)

I would be glad if the BBC didn’t show Crufts.  If another channel took it over, the coverage couldn’t be any worse and we might get presenters who know what they are talking about.

Sam99

Couldn’t care less if theres no Crufts, A breed Champ show means alot more to me personally. Competeting against the top dogs of same breed is much better IMO.
    Sam

Anonymous

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12259.msg237603#msg237603 date=1219434167]
    Not everyone has cable or sky – should be shown on a channel on freeview at least.
    [/quote]
    Didnt think about that sorry :-[

but like you say any channel but the beeb would do much better coverage 🙂

Anonymous

Totally agree any breed show be it open or champ is far more enjoyable must more fun both for us and the dogs in my case
    Val

[quote author=Sam99 link=topic=12259.msg237749#msg237749 date=1219534523]
    Couldn’t care less if theres no Crufts, A breed Champ show means alot more to me personally. Competeting against the top dogs of same breed is much better IMO.
    Sam
    [/quote]

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime