Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Best brand of kibble

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Best brand of kibble

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    *jody*

Im slowly running out of Jake’s food, he’s on JWB at the moment, but it there a better kibble until I switch to a Natural/Raw diet?  Im still giving him Chicken wings and Im going to start getting the mince packs of prize choice too (all seperate meals from the kibble)

I know I need to intrduce it gradually, he took the change from Nutro to JWB well (breeder gave me nutro but they didnt sell it anywhere down here).

xtine

I think JWB or Burns are the best of the lot…  :agree:
    Fritz never had JWB but had Burns  🙂

pinklady

I think JWB and Burns are 2 of the best dry kibble. I think an overlooked one is the new Skinners Field and Trial Hypoallergenic. Very similar , half the price and has done wonders for my GSD. She has never looked so good.

*Nick*

Don’t know if you can get it over there but Orijen is very good.

Sweetypye

There is no “best” brand or variety except the one that suits your dog.

If I were to feed dried food I would probably choose Orijen as it is grain free (you can get it at Zooplus) however this is very expensive.

Alternatively JWB do two grain free varieties.

JWB
    Burns
    Arden Grange

Basically one without any unecessary additives, preservatives, colourings, salt, sugar, preferably one grain if using cereals in the following order of preference oats, rice, avoiding if possible wheat, maize and barley.

Of course some dried foods use potato or tapioca instead of cereal.

Maybe silly question – but if hes moving to raw anyway is there much point changing him to yet another dry food only to eventually move him to raw……………..

*Lassie*

If you are not ready to change him yet I would just buy a small bag 2.5kg of JWB rather than change to another dry food.

I would say stick to JWB to, however i use arden grange as its good quality and suits my dog. like sweetype said its about would food suits your dog rather than ‘best brand’ one of my dogs couldn’t tolletrate many types of foods due to severe food intolerances so is now on ID as its one of the only ones that suits her
    [quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12358.msg239027#msg239027 date=1220429752]

There is no “best” brand or variety except the one that suits your dog.

If I were to feed dried food I would probably choose Orijen as it is grain free (you can get it at Zooplus) however this is very expensive.

Alternatively JWB do two grain free varieties.

JWB
    Burns
    Arden Grange

Basically one without any unecessary additives, preservatives, colourings, salt, sugar, preferably one grain if using cereals in the following order of preference oats, rice, avoiding if possible wheat, maize and barley.

Of course some dried foods use potato or tapioca instead of cereal.
    [/quote]

*jody*

Thank you everyone for the reponses.  Just want to make sure Im doing right by him so Ill stick to the JWB as he isnt havent any problems on it.  I did get one of the prize choice meals yesterday, the rabbit one and he loved it.  Wasnt impressed this morning when Dante had his lamb one and he had kibble again (just want to make sure it passes though okay for him).

I will get there with the Raw 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime