Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Best diet for your dog??

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Best diet for your dog??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

raw or homecooked.

kizkiznobite

i used to do 3 days raw 2 days homecooked and 1 day fish,,,but the baby lado not keen on homecooked so we now raw most days…lado is funny  ;D he see’s dishes coming out?  and i swear to doG he does a oh no it a $**t food day  😀

Val

All fresh here with plenty of fish straight from the sea

Anonymous

Love the pic nat  ;D

kizkiznobite

get to know your butcher……i have just picked up a huge bag of ideal sized feeding bones that will last 5 dogs 4 days …for free…..

as for health well….
    heres the spotnosed dog…..eating a bone correctly…even the last wee bit….an old boyo that has internal cancers…given 6 months 3 years ago…teeth are well ground down bless him …had 2 major ops to remove lord knows how many feet of colon and gut…suffers acute pancreatitis if not fed correctly….and i mean acute, sick like you cannot imagine…..but he still can eat his bones…his coat is good to the point of ridiculous  ::) his skin gets messy but repairs fast and his blood works are holding out just fine….he would not have lived this long on any other diet IMHO and no one can or will convince me otherwise… 🙂

[img width=468 height=382]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/bev_052/th_north08100.jpg[/img]

*Nat*

while we on this subject a question

Honey likes raw just fine – but it seems the tummy problems (ie not eating) happen when shes had a few days raw… why? I have to give her the yoghurt to get her eating – is fine if she has raw bones and homecooked tea but give raw tea and we back to this problem again  ???

kizkiznobite

are you sure she not just self regulating suz, ami does this all the time…ask izzie..when we were away she ate hardley anything untill the 3rd day…it happens with raw diets…also many dogs on raw only need to actually eat once a day…and you got to admit…she is a pig when she does have a bone  🙂

Izzie

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=14693.msg271955#msg271955 date=1252178707]
    are you sure she not just self regulating suz, ami does this all the time…ask izzie..when we were away she ate hardley anything untill the 3rd day…it happens with raw diets…also many dogs on raw only need to actually eat once a day…and you got to admit…she is a pig when she does have a bone  🙂
    [/quote]

yup, Livia has started doing this too, Trixie thinks she is starved and is constantly wanting food and Jess can take or leave it.

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=14693.msg271955#msg271955 date=1252178707]
    [/quote]

Possibly, though she can go couple weeks without eating properly – though guess its possible she is shes onless exercise cos of her shoulder and she is getting older and is def less active so……….never really thought it might be that…….maybe just me worrying TOO much and yes i agree shes a total pg when it comes to bones NEVER turns them down or rarely never – loves her bones  ;D

Val

My dogs all do this eat not eat, my rule is please yourself.
    I work on if they feel all right then they are alright served me well for a lot of years, dogs should not eat everyday it rests the gut and stops all this runs business IMO after a large gin and tonic  ;D
    Val

Mudgie

nothing gets nacho’s saliva flowing like a big knuckle bone, he loves anythng raw – he gets whatever my fishmonger or butcher give me.  He aint fussy.

He also gets raw veggies and fruit (banana and pears being his favourite), mashed potatoes, loves sweet potato too.  LIkes pasta and rice and loves porridge – not a lot he doesnt like to be honest – oh yeah penicillin he hates penicillin but then he doesnt get that very often.  And he likes the occasional cup of tea and is fond of camomile tea also.

He suffers from spoilt dog syndrome sometimes – cant think why  ;D

Diesel73
    quote :

nothing gets nacho’s saliva flowing like a big knuckle bone, he loves anythng raw – he gets whatever my fishmonger or butcher give me.  He aint fussy.

The only food that is a ‘problem’ here is fresh fish. For some reason it needs be killed over and over and has to start to stink befor they eat it . God knows why, but a makreel has to smell like a dead makreel until we eat it in seconds. But first they let it fly around the garden, it has to be jumped on, played with, falling apart and stink……. ???

xtine

Fritz self regulates too.. at the weekends… it’s as if he knows it’s the weekend and won’t be out all day  like he is in the week so he usually skips his brekky, might have it for lunch instead but will often just waits till tea time  :yes:

When he does this he snacks on a plant in the garden  ::)

kizkiznobite

diesel….proteins have no taste of their own so to speak and fish is one of the foods where the proteins are degraded by fermentation of the amino acids…it is this process that produces the taste (and the high smell  😀 )…..cubert does the same….he hides fish where it is warm….once stuck a sardine under the tele console  ::) we thought ami was coming into heat  ::)  recently he hid one in falkors bed…i was having neurotic moments for 2 days thinking it was falkors urea i could smell  ::)

xtine …what plant ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime