Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Bev – clicker

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Bev – clicker

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

yes because thats what you said to do  ??? because i WAS doing it other way round and you said that was wrong.

THIS is exactly why i dont bother – useless, poor bloody dog doesnt know if shes coming or going if she isnt traumatised she will be if i keep cocking up  :boooo:

Izzie

Suz going too quickly for Honey to take it in? :-\

how can that be going to quick – i thought thats how i was meant to start charging the clicker – cant go any slower than that  ???

Izzie

Dont be so hard on yourself Suz  :order: :order:

kizkiznobite

no….. 🙂

we did the scattering treats and clicking – just as you said the click treat click treat…

sorry but you lost me – if i cant work out the basics of clicker training am never going to work out what went wrong.

kizkiznobite

suz…not relly expecting you to answer it hun….

the click is a marker…it marks the behaviour..it tells the dog done good thats what i wanted and a treat is on the way…ok

but the dog has to learn to associate that the click means just that…so it has to be ‘charged’ first….
    you said

we did the scattering treats and clicking….just as you said click treat click treat……..i dont think i would have said that for charging….

it treat click treat click for charging….so dog understands that the treat is associate with the click that is associated with the treat et al…ok?

once the charging is successful then we click treat for a behaviour…

cue
    behaviour happens
    click
    reward

behaviour is offered
    click
    reward

now read again what happened with honey while with iz and livia…and see if you can understand where i coming from re the working for the treat or the click…she clearly is NOT traumatised by the click otherwise she would not have stayed in izzies vicinity…. :-*

kizkiznobite

now im really confused because im sure i said id done treat click treat click and you said i was wrong –  ??? maybe i misread the thread will have a look but it could be anywhere! im so sure you said to scatter the treats and click as she picked them up – then to deliver treats from hand so click treat click treat  ??? but i probably misread.

I give up i think will avoid any more clicker training with her – every time i try i mess it up stupid  🙁

but bev she still jumps when i click the bloody thing – but NOT with Izzie – which leads me to believe its ME ive done that somehow and thats awful dog has enough problems without me adding to them.

ok now read the thread you found – knew it would be me.

kizkiznobite

i am sure she could do it…and i am sure you can too if you are shown…it a co-ordination thing…and anyone that can groom a spaniels ears has brill co-ordination….dam sight harder to groom a spanners ears  :agree:

:nono: give me a spaniels ears any day – far easier, i dont tend to cock those up  :-*

Am sure SHE could do it – i KNOW she can after seeing her with Izzie, im a lost cause  :surrender:

Izzie

Look Suz

You have what Bev wants/needs and vice versa

Its called bartering

you groom her clumbers, she teaches you with Honey and the clicker  ;D

kizkiznobite

it called swoppsies  ;D ;D

Izzie

No its called getting organised and meeting up  😛 😛

Am coming to see claire in a few weeks  :-*

How about she teaches Honey and leaves me out of it – thats a straight swap then teaching me is way harder than grooming a couple dogs  :yes:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime