Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Bikejor pics

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training Bikejor pics

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    sukasud

[quote author=wags link=topic=12164.msg234856#msg234856 date=1217970612]
    OK so how do you not go splat on a normal bike ?

ive had a go on a rig pulled by collies but on a bike i would so go splat
    [/quote]

wear a helmet & keep a close eye on the dogs when they are running, look for signs they are possibly going to chase something or slow down , not easy sometimes but their ears go up when theyu see something to chase, they usually run with ears back.

wags

so how do you adapt your bike – or do you just harness up and attach the lines to the front bit (you know what i mean)

Anonymous

Do I feel an accident coming up here  ???

[quote author=wags link=topic=12164.msg235021#msg235021 date=1218047123]
    so how do you adapt your bike – or do you just harness up and attach the lines to the front bit (you know what i mean)
    [/quote]

wags

to be fair – i think ive broken most things now – only really got my pelvis left so no loss really  😀

wags

i was kind of thinking that this could be good fun for Glen and Oban (as they pull anyway but dont tell Bev) BUT would the size diffrence be a problem ?

i know you can pick up harness from ebay quite cheap – i already bike with the dogs loose but i suppose the pulling the bike they are going to put so much more in – really good fittening exercise

Anonymous

Can’t see your yellow bit, have you tried just running them in hand as a team and see how they go
    Val

wags

[quote author=Val link=topic=12164.msg235040#msg235040 date=1218049875]
    Can’t see your yellow bit,
    [/quote]

thats the plan  😀

Can’t see your yellow bit, have you tried just running them in hand as a team and see how they go
    Val
    [/quote]

highlight it Val – but dont tell Bev  Wags dont want Bev to read it  >:D  😀  😉

sukasud

[quote author=wags link=topic=12164.msg235021#msg235021 date=1218047123]
    [/quote]

I use a piece of thick rope tied to bike frame below headstock so you don’t get pulled to one side with handlebars when dogs go to one side. Then attach a metal carabiner to a purpose made shock absorber. I got my shock absorber from a sleddog person  who makes them. Then attach a 1-dog or 2-dog line to the shock absorber, then clips on lines attach to the back of the dogs harnesses . You can run dogs with tracking harnesses but make sure they are padded well or as i prefer to use x-back harnesses. Best to use a neck line to keep dogs attached together also. I also often use this antenna to keep lines off front wheel.

[img width=468 height=313]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/mushing/Dsc_2706.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=313]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/mushing/Dsc_2705.jpg[/img]
    with lines etc attached

Here is a pic of the setr up of equipment , sorry for quality of pic, this was taken when i used a bike inner tube as a shock absorber but i use the custom made one now, much better
    [img width=468 height=141]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/Lines.jpg[/img]
    Make sure your dogs are used to the harnesses b4 trying to run them in them.  😉

wags

omg thats getting techincal  😮

sukasud

Not technical once you have  got used to putting it together, only takes me 5 mins only to get bike ready for a run, I put it on here like that to show the safe way to run the dogs with bike at front or you could use the spriinger at side of bike. ;)All looks confusing but not really.

Anonymous

I did and I am shocked  😮 😮 😮 young Wags

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12164.msg235068#msg235068 date=1218052267]
    Val
    [/quote]

highlight it Val – but dont tell Bev  Wags dont want Bev to read it  >:D  😀  😉
    [/quote]

whoops sorry wags!  😀 you in trouble!  >:D

kizkiznobite

wags…when you have worked out the krypton factor bit and you actually get on the bike…please leave the clicker and whistle at home…..oh and double check the brakes…i have visions of having to come and sit dogs and child while you recover….. ::)

Anonymous

and i’d keep away from any sheep with G&O lol !!!!  just incase 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime