Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Black spot on tongue

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Black spot on tongue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    xtine

Anyone know what causes a black spot on Tongue? Fritz had one, about the size of a 5p quite far back in his mouth. Am 99% sure he wasn’t born with it  ???
    Was checking cause he’s been coughing for the past 5 mins…. Please don’t let him be coming down with kc  :order:

Never heard of KC producing black spots!  I would think its just pigment that you haven’t noticed, like a birthmark  ;D

xtine

Didn’t mean I thought kc has caused it  :-[ meant I discovered it when checking his mouth when he was coughing last night…. No sign of cough or sniffles today though  :-*

Val

It’s rare for a purebred apart from Chows,and Shar-peis to have marks on their tongue’s is it just a round spot or has it an irregular border?
    Val

xtine

Not perfectly rounded tried for another look but he soon caught on and clamped his jaws shut little  >:D
    Was worried cause he’s also developed a lump / cyst on his head that we need to check out

xtine

Have managed to get a photo… Went to great lengths using Richards bike light… Will upload

xtine

[img width=426 height=468]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l113/fritzbitz_2006/DSC_0045.jpg[/img]

[img width=446 height=468]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l113/fritzbitz_2006/DSC_0044.jpg[/img]

Val

MMmm can’t make out which bit I am suppose to be looking at hope it’s not the big black bit on the left with hair in it think the bit at the top is his nose and the teeth are his bottom incisors
    Is that right?
    Val

xtine

it’s on the right.. is a shot of inside his mouth, so no nose there.. only a bit of hair, tongue, black spot on the right at the back and his teeth

Hmm, yeah that does look strange, almost looks hairy?  Might it be a fungal thing?  ???

Val

If you are sure he has not always had it then I think a vet should have a look
    Val

xtine

I don’t think he’s always had it… Will book him in one night this week  :ok:

Lisa33

Looks very strange!  ??? Almost like it’s a stain.  I’d get it checked christine.  Hope you get to the bottom of it. x

Sweetypye

I have seen many breeds of dogs with coloured markings on their tongues, some are congenital and some develop later. If however you are sure the dog has never had it before then I would always check it out with the vet, better safe than sorry!

*Nat*

Missed this  ::) Strange looking  :-\ Have you seen a vet yet  ??? Fritz I mean, not you  😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime