Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Breakfast ideas needed

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Breakfast ideas needed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    xtine

We have a teenager in our house  ::)
    He doesn’t do cold dark wet mornings.. we have to drag him out of bed at 6.30 for a walk and then try and get him to eat his chicken wings before he is picked up between 7.15 and 7.30.. for ages now he has refused them  >:D most days he just goes back to bed.. if we tell him ‘off’ he gets up and then promptly gets into our bed  >:D

So we have been offering him tinned fish more often.. hate sending him out for the day with nothing in his belly  :-\

Anyway, as a result.. he has been woofing down fish and then throwing it up in the van cause he literally eats it minutes before he is picked up  :-X today he crunched his chick wing quicker than ever seen before.. because dog walker had arrived.. he was like walk? or wing? walk? wing!!! gone in 15 seconds  ::)
    Is there anything else we could offer Fritz for brekky that he might fancy in the morning? He’s not into lamb bones either.. if he has them he usually chucks them up in the van too…

we need something quick and tasty that he would like to eat earlier than 2 mins before he’s picked up…

He a lazy lie in bed and a pain in the backside  >:D

*Nick*

Up and at ’em Fritz!  ;D

I would say, if he don’t want brekkie he don’t get none.  Sadie won’t eat her brekkie until she’s been for a walk. It can be to the end of the driveway, it doesn’t matter , but no walk, no eat.  So somedays she doesn’t get breakfast until noon and somedays we just skip it and go straight to dinner.

Sounds like Fritz gets a little stressed in the van, is there any way they can give him breakfast after he gets where he’s going? Is he at ‘daycare’ all day?

*Nat*

Was going to say the same as Nick, can he not have breakfast when he gets dropped home, is this just the dog walker you’re talking about  ???

Anonymous

hi,

Xtine – what is his routine ?  Personally I wouldnt drag a reluctant dog out for walks or feed it – he still “sleeping” i doubt his digestion will have kicked in so any food you put in especially if bolted is almost certain to be rejected.

claire x

I agree hun – Honey not in mood for brekkie as i told you for last week or so – I blame the darker mornings, shes ready for it when its light – not when its time to get up, if she wants it she has it if not she goes hungry till tea time……..this time of year she doesnt always get up with me she often stays in bed, i dont mind wrong or right she happy im happy  :yes:

kizkiznobite

i imagine that 2 teachers getting up for school iit s pretty erm ..manic in the morning…he playing delaying tactics at a guess….does he do the same at weekends xtine? also…knowing fritz he may well well sick up bile travelling on an empty tum…

xtine…try making raw hamburgers/meat balls…make a few at a time and fridge overnight …i give these to cubert if we out early….just roll up mince with a few added oats and some grated carrot or apple in …gold ball size…or how about pork ribs…they a crunch crunch gone and he likes them

WinB

We have 2 dogs one wants food non stop but the other is less ..hmmmm greedy… so we make them wait until around 8 am if they  have not eaten all of it we wash bowls and they wait til evenings …but most of the time they eat it…good luck

Anonymous

when i fed dry i just shoved the same food back infront of them  😮

xtine

He needs to go for a pee / poo before we leave cause he is desperate.. he playing us around  😉 is a nightmare when he gets back into bed cause then I want to  >:D he gives me that ‘I don’t want you to go to school today mummy’ look usually followed by ‘lets stay home and snuggle in front of Phil and Fern’ ::)
    Will try giving him nothing if he doesn’t want and see what happens… i guess he is self regulating sometimes..

Even at the weekend, he would rater leave brekky till about 1, once we are back from a walk on the heath  :-\

We have in the past sent brekky with him.. but he won’t eat it there… he even refuses his fav apple snack in the afternoon

Will try the burger thing tho Bev  :-*

Anonymous

hi,

cant the dog walker lady let him out for a poo and wee ?

claire x

xtine

it is at least 30 mins in the van before the walk.. plus he has a tendancy to over mark in the van as it is  :-\

the walk really isn’t the problem.. it’s the disinterest in his food  :-\

Anonymous

hi,

over marking is van ladies problem – natural dog behaviour, either she dont clean or he is reacting to another dog in there.  either way you cannot stop him 😀

my 2 over mark each other – i have a vid of them doing it from 2day 🙂

wills wont eat if he knows i am going – its a stress thing i think, gobbles it as soon as i am home again.  could you feed him once when you return and once later in the evening ???  its only our social norms thats making you impose brekkie on him 😀

claire x

xtine

ladies van is a gents van  😀

yep – think we will see how he goes without… he’ll cope..  😉

honey didnt get breakfast today – decided last night will just chuck some meat in front of her – wouldnt you know she was hungry this morning  :surrender:  😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime