Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Breed Book

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

:educated: I am looking for recommendations for a book or books that cover different dog breeds – what groups they belong to – bit of history about them – general stuff but accurate.  Anyone any suggestions as a starting point.  :help:

Aware that I have good knowledge about my own breed, characteristics, known health problems etc but very little knowledge about other breeds.  So best start at the beginning.  I want to learn the alphabet of dogs  ;D

.dodger.

oooh i’ll be interested to hear the replies to this too. Most of the A-Z book of breeds i have have barely any info in them ::)

sheralike

The Canine Lexicon published by TFH is a dog bible!!  It’s huge and I think it is quite expensive, I won mine.  It covers dog breeds worldwide. There is also the Kennel Club Book of Illustrated Breed Standards published by the UK Kennel Club.  An old book I have is called Dogs of the World and has nearly every breed in with photos.  Amazon and second hand book shops are good sources to look.

Anonymous

I like all of these but for a cheaper grab you can buy on the KC site the Illustrated Breed Standards

[quote author=sheralike link=topic=12317.msg238319#msg238319 date=1219926785]
    The Canine Lexicon published by TFH is a dog bible!!  It’s huge and I think it is quite expensive, I won mine.  It covers dog breeds worldwide. There is also the Kennel Club Book of Illustrated Breed Standards published by the UK Kennel Club.  An old book I have is called Dogs of the World and has nearly every breed in with photos.  Amazon and second hand book shops are good sources to look.
    [/quote]

Mudgie

Thanks Val – I looked at Canine Lexicon but it is £70  :nono:  Mudgie doesnt do budget very well  ;D

Anonymous

No and it’s not worth the money there are a few mistakes in it if you want a book of the breeds in the UK then the KC book is the one nice coloured pics and not as expencive ROFLOLL just been to see how much it is it’s out of stock till Nov but it’s saying the price is Price: £10,000.00
    I think it’s around 25/30 quid

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12317.msg238325#msg238325 date=1219934978]
    Thanks Val – I looked at Canine Lexicon but it is £70  :nono:  Mudgie doesnt do budget very well  ;D
    [/quote]

Oh yes I have the KC breed standards book – love it fab photos and good info too  🙂

Anonymous

I think Mug hit the floor mug to fast when she saw the price

sheralike

Just looked on Amazon uk for you and there are a couple of Canine Lexicons from £25 and loads of KC Illustrated Breed Standards, lots of different editions at different prices.  🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime