Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Breeding

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

tweedette – do you know what if anything happened to the ‘Plummer Alaunt’ – are they still being developed?

tweedette

I hope not, I could never understand why he re created such a neast, i said to him once, Why would you recreate a dog that has no place in modern society and appeals to the very people you say you dislike so much?.
    I have heard tales of them no being of sound temprement, and know of at least one instance where they have killed other dogs, isolated maybe, but i dont know how many actually exist, I heard that one guy has two and said they are very good with children, in my opinion I certainly wouldnt trrust them with children, they onlty have to turn once on a small child and its curtains – so Yes I know a bit, but no I have no interest in them whatsoever.

toppy

just thought id pop by and say hi, i live in the merseyside area but don’t know any one with a GS!! (lot of use i am) but all the best to you and your puppy x

toppy

What kind of dogs are they..’Plummer Alaunt?’

kizkiznobite

you dont want to know – honest :'(

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=853.msg31397#msg31397 date=1145107681]
    tweedette – do you know what if anything happened to the ‘Plummer Alaunt’ – are they still being developed?

[/quote]

Dont know but the guy was a total freek

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=853.msg42485#msg42485 date=1149091576]
    you dont want to know – honest :'(
    [/quote]

shes right you really dont want to know

Anonymous

I could think of other things to call him but not on a public list ::)

[/quote]

Dont know but the guy was a total freek
    [/quote]

Anonymous

http://www.terrierman.com/plummerterriers.htm

bit of basic info on the man and his dogs.  it is obviously written from a certain point of view and i dont know enough to agree or otherwise, just sharing info 🙂

Claire x

kizkiznobite

wow claire – your surfing skills eh? that was a good article thanks

TheBigK

Hello,

I have just recently started a website at http://www.breeder-search.co.uk and I’m looking for breeders to post listings. All services are free. Thanks

alancp1

Not sure if anyone agrees with this but here goes. I have bred my oldest dog once she is a Staffie that we rescued as a pup, and has a wonderful temperament (so did the dog we put with her) All of the pups were of the same temperament and all went to good homes. We are still in touch with most of the owners.
    Now the only reason I bred Holly was that I believe that they should have at least one litter. But a lot of thought went into the selection of homes and who to breed her with.
    My other dog Ellie is a Dalmation and was again rescued. The usual thing at Christmas time when 101 Dalmations is showing and everyone dashes out to buy their children a lovely little pup.
    Its when they begin to grow that the problem begins. Now Ellie is a wonderful companien to Holly and has turned into a lovely dog.
    I would like to breed her but I will not. The amount of this breed that are rescued each year is staggering. People do not realise the ammount of time and energy it takes to look after this wonderful breed.
    So putting any health issues aside this is reason enough not to breed Ellie even though part of me wants to.
    Sad really because if people took on pets for life they would find out what true companions they really are.

Anonymous
    quote :

Not sure if anyone agrees with this but here goes. I have bred my oldest dog once she is a Staffie that we rescued as a pup, and has a wonderful temperament (so did the dog we put with her) All of the pups were of the same temperament and all went to good homes. We are still in touch with most of the owners.

Were the breeding pair Hip scored, eye tested & DNA tested(for L-2 Hydroxyglutaric Aciduria (L-2HGA) and Hereditary Juvenile Cataract (HC)) ? If not why not ?

Anonymous

dare i start on this ????

nope i dont think so – i think u all know how i feel.

… instead i shall say something positive Dyane … that is one lovely looking collie 😀 😀 😀

Anonymous

;D He’s the result of his breeders extensive knowledge & research into eveyr breeding he did & as he has the dog of his dreams in his brother he’s not breeding any more

Parents hip scored(even though they asre working dogs & not KC registered) & eye tested(have to be to be registered with the sheepdog society)He’s a clown but a quick learner too !

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime