Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Breeding

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Dyane,

it really shows, very handsome indeed !!  oooh lovely workers 🙂  got any working pics to spoil me with … i adore watching collies work 🙂

Claire x

Anonymous

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=853.msg50697#msg50697 date=1151692349]
    ;D He’s the result of his breeders extensive knowledge & research into eveyr breeding he did & as he has the dog of his dreams in his brother he’s not breeding any more

Parents hip scored(even though they asre working dogs & not KC registered) & eye tested(have to be to be registered with the sheepdog society)He’s a clown but a quick learner too !

[/quote]

where is he from ?

sorry for being nosy

Anonymous

He’s from Cornwall but strangely enough he has the same dog in his pedigree as one of my previous dogs who was born in Yorkshire who I lost a couple of years back ! & he has one of the same habits too ! very very spooky

Rjj’s breeders website is here there are pictures of his mum & dad(dad is a trailling dog as well as a worker)

Anonymous

thank you for sharing this – lovely site 🙂

Anonymous

Lovely dogs, nice site,
    Val

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=853.msg50827#msg50827 date=1151749968]
    He’s from Cornwall but strangely enough he has the same dog in his pedigree as one of my previous dogs who was born in Yorkshire who I lost a couple of years back ! & he has one of the same habits too ! very very spooky

Rjj’s breeders website is here there are pictures of his mum & dad(dad is a trailling dog as well as a worker)
    [/quote]

Anonymous

my friend works her dog from his line at obedience they have just got ticket

Elizabeth

[quote author=GilliananHarry link=topic=853.msg12251#msg12251 date=1123851703]
    Most good breeders will put restrictions on registrations that progeny cannot be registered & then when old enough & if all the health tests etc are all ok then the restrictions are lifted

Doesn’t stop people breeding but at least makes them think twice before doing so
    [/quote]

Didn’t stop Bears breeders. His sire has the ‘progeny can not be registered’ on his papers probably because he has a jaw defect but they went ahead and did it ayway
    Liz

Anonymous

What KC registeration papers?

[quote author=Elizabeth link=topic=853.msg106203#msg106203 date=1166720645]
    [quote author=GilliananHarry link=topic=853.msg12251#msg12251 date=1123851703]
    Most good breeders will put restrictions on registrations that progeny cannot be registered & then when old enough & if all the health tests etc are all ok then the restrictions are lifted

Doesn’t stop people breeding but at least makes them think twice before doing so
    [/quote]

Didn’t stop Bears breeders. His sire has the ‘progeny can not be registered’ on his papers probably because he has a jaw defect but they went ahead and did it ayway
    Liz
    [/quote]

Elizabeth

Yes

Elizabeth

[quote author=piglet link=topic=853.msg48036#msg48036 date=1150491183]
    http://www.terrierman.com/plummerterriers.htm

bit of basic info on the man and his dogs.  it is obviously written from a certain point of view and i dont know enough to agree or otherwise, just sharing info 🙂

Claire x
    [/quote]

That was interesting.
    I’m not a breeder and apart from a bit of rescue work and our family dog having pups when I was young I have little experience of breeding.
    However, on the subject of expertise, even my limited knowledge tells me that selective breeding for all the traits that seem to be so desirable cannot be right. What person thought that a Cavalier should have such a short snout that it develops severe respiratory problems.
    What exactly is a responsible breeder?
    Liz

Anonymous

I don’t see how this happened unless the dog losely called stud changed hands from the original owner did it?
    Val

[quote author=Elizabeth link=topic=853.msg106205#msg106205 date=1166720959]
    Yes
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Judges thats what sets a trend a responible breeder is one that does all the health checks is not sucked in by a fashion trend in dogs and just keeps working away on breed lines.
    Val
    [/quote]

That was interesting.
    I’m not a breeder and apart from a bit of rescue work and our family dog having pups when I was young I have little experience of breeding.
    However, on the subject of expertise, even my limited knowledge tells me that selective breeding for all the traits that seem to be so desirable cannot be right. What person thought that a Cavalier should have such a short snout that it develops severe respiratory problems.
    What exactly is a responsible breeder?
    Liz
    [/quote]

Elizabeth

From what I can see, he was bought from the breeder with all his papers and then they bred with a bitch that belonged to another family member. I spoke to the lady concerned who tried to say that she didn’t want her puppies to be bred from from it quickly became apparent that she couldn’t have registered the litter anyway.
    I was more than scathing with her on the phone as I pointed out that she had charged an awful lot of money for pups without any medical history (no documented worming, no injections) and no prospect of papers but she simply said that she wanted her bitch to have a littler before she had her spayed.
    I was equally sharp with her as I pointed out that she had visited this couple at home and it was quite clear that they had absolutely no experience, a 6 month old baby, a tiny starter home and a pocket handkerchief garden. She had no defence.
    I sent her some pics of Bear in his new home and she promised to send pics of when he was born. To date she has not replied.
    All I got from my call was the date of his birth so we celebrated with a ‘Good Boy’ cake and the knowledge that she will never get in touch. We had a very bad experience with a breeder just over a year ago and have yet to recover.
    Val is there some sort of regulater like Ofsted … a sort of Offdog that bad breeders can be reported to?
    Liz

Anonymous

Elizabeth
    Your yes should of been a NO as the dog was not registered, thats what I could not understand the KC are very tight on registerations if prodgeny is not to be registered they mean no to be.
    The KC is the govening body for registered dogs we registered breeders have to abide by there rules
    everytime we go to a show we sign the show rules and everytime we breed we sign the puppy registeration forms but all this only applies to KC registered breeders
    Val

Elizabeth

[quote author=Val link=topic=853.msg106246#msg106246 date=1166727685]
    Elizabeth
    Your yes should of been a NO as the dog was not registered, thats what I could not understand the KC are very tight on registerations if prodgeny is not to be registered they mean no to be.
    The KC is the govening body for registered dogs we registered breeders have to abide by there rules
    everytime we go to a show we sign the show rules and everytime we breed we sign the puppy registeration forms but all this only applies to KC registered breeders
    Val
    [/quote]
    Hi Val, sorry for delay replying, been working. The sire was registered. That was what I meant, yes he had KC papers. The papers clearly stated R-Progeny not eligible for registration. The breeder gave copies of both his parents papers to the young couple that bought the puppy, telling them that they could register the pup themselves. If he had been my dog I would never have agreed to use the sire to breed as there was obviously a reason why he should not. It is for this reason that we have talked to the vet with regards to having Bear castrated to stop any accidents and the jaw defect that he has perpetuating in any misplanned litters.
    The reason that I asked for regulatory body info is because (deep breath) we were ‘given’ a dog by a breeder who had kennel problems and knew we were looking for a family pet and were going to visit a rescue centre. A very depressed stud dog arrived and 2 months later finally wagged his tail. After 8 months he was very much part of the family and quite a character in our lives when … the breeder crawled out of the woodwork, demanded him back and simply took him. She declared that he was to be entered into Crufts and, as we had not asked for a receipt or his papers, we did not have a leg to stand on. When we agreed to take him on (no mean feat as he was a very large animal) she said she would have to have him PTS if she could not find him a home but when she threw him in the back of her 4×4 she declared that he was her dog and she could do as she pleased. No amount of pleading for him could sway her and her parting comment was ” oh for gods sake, it’s a dog!”
    This happened over a year ago and I still cannot look at his picture without crying.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime