Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Burns Ocean Bites

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Burns Ocean Bites

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I just had a very rare visit to the petshop WITHOUT Cass which meant i got to have a proper look around without having eyes in my backside to see what the dog is up to. I bought a bag of these Ocean Bites that were described as Training Treats (we get through lots of training treats) well when i opened the bag the ‘Bites’ are in solid freeze dried blocks rather than small pieces for treats. Am i meant to soak the blocks first to soften them up or just crush them into bits?

It doesn’t reallt tell you how to use them on the bag.

Anonymous

Nope just give them as they are, did they only have one size,  we got small ones but that was at Crufts, but they do do different sizes.
    Were they Burns or Fish for Dogs? I think FFD’s do the different size ones. Mine like them but they are a little pricey, as they dont last my 2 2 minutes! 😀

Anonymous

They were the burns ones Sue. I think i mught bash them about a bit because they are in blocks a couple of inches accross so i don’t want to fill her up with them on training.

*Nat*

Bet they smell nice  :vomit:

[quote author=*Nat* link=topic=12332.msg238583#msg238583 date=1220106017]
    Bet they smell nice  :vomit:
    [/quote]
      :laugh: :laugh: my labs love them and good for their coats to. but yes the do STINK! :death: :vomit:

Anonymous

If i can deal with tripe sticks, i can deal with anything. LOL  :help:

xtine

I bought these yesterday for Fritz after he was a good boy.. and yep they are big… a mission to break up too  :boooo: but Fritz loves them  ;D
    I’m sure I used to be able to get smaller bite size bits  :-\

I managed to smash one up for him but bits went everywhere  :boooo: so I’ll prob just give one whole every now and then  :yes:

-Alison-

Ive bought them before but find them a little expensive to buy regularly for 3 dogs  ::) (they are much desired here tho  :P) but if you want to break them up put them in a plastic bag and bash ’em with the rolling pin, thats what we did  ;D ;D

.dodger.

you can get the burns fish bites which are really big or you can get a smallish pack of training treats which are about 1cm by 1cm. They are expensive but really good – that’s what i used to train dodger with when he was a ikle baby 🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=12332.msg238582#msg238582 date=1220104707]
    They were the burns ones Sue. I think i mught bash them about a bit because they are in blocks a couple of inches accross so i don’t want to fill her up with them on training.
    [/quote]

:-[ :-[ Only just noticed the thread title 😀 😀 ;D

I just give them to Izzy whole, she makes short work of them!  Obviously not for training though, they’re too awkward.  These ocean bites used to be a square fish cakey type thing, i thought they smelt quite nice  :whistle:  then they changed them to the fish skins.  Izzy liked both!

Honey has the fish skins from is it fish for dogs? something like that – she likes them and chews them till they soft  ::)

Anonymous

Maybe her mummy should che them and make them soft for her then she  can eat them straight away ;D 😀 😀

Kodi does that for her daddy, he wont eat anything hard until she’s chewed it a bit now, then she ‘ll let him hahve whatever and then she eat the other one 🙂

wags

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12332.msg238607#msg238607 date=1220128145]
    Honey has the fish skins from is it fish for dogs? something like that – she likes them and chews them till they soft  ::)
    [/quote]

i spoke to the rep from them at crufts 2 years ago

– i went to EVERY treat stand and asked for samples because i was really struggling to find something suitable for training Oban as puppy with his goofy mouth it was either to hard and it fell out, to soft and i got my fingers bitten to big for training, to small and again it fell out (we have had nearlly 2 years of practice now and got it to an art form)

and the guy from fish for dogs couldnt possibly have been any ruder –
    – a dog with a jaw that deformed should be put down
    – odviouslly a puppy farm dog

ive had the burns ones – they are expensive for multiple dogs – i tend to make my own training treats anyway now – ive got a freezer draw full off liver cake, cheese cake, chicken cake, kidney cake etc
    he got told very politelly where to stick his fishie stuff

xtine

cheeky bugg£r  :nono:  :boooo:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime