Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

can dogs tell the time

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion can dogs tell the time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i take my farrokh out every week day at half past twelve and weekends at one his dad takes us out in the car weekends week days i walk him to the heath monday to friday he looks at me at half twelve then runs to the kitchen where i keep his lead weekends he its nearly one i am sure he has a clock in his head if i covered the clock on the wall i am sure he would ring the speaking clock beeter hide the phone i would love to know how he does it any ideas 

*Nat*

I think they have a great body clock!  ;D Piper knows exactly when it’s dinner time, with her walks it’s different as we don’t go out at the same times each day  🙂

*Lassie*

Mine don’t really tell the time, they know they get fed after Emmerdale. The tune comes on at the start both dogs howl, at the end they both bark for food ;D
    They pick up on what we do, like if you always go for a wee before taking them out or pack more poo bags in your bumbag etc.

What mine have learnt is who is on my mobile by the ring tone 😀

xtine

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=13861.msg262697#msg262697 date=1236715327]

They pick up on what we do, like if you always go for a wee before taking them out or pack more poo bags in your bumbag etc.

What mine have learnt is who is on my mobile by the ring tone 😀
    [/quote]

Fritz knows when it’s Daddy R on the phone cause of different ring tone  ;D
    He also knows difference between mon – fri and weekend…. cause a) I get up mon – fri before 7.30…. b) I get dressed before 10.30 mon – fri  😀

I always liked reading about Bev’s pack knowing instinctively she’d be on her way home… am sure my cat Teddie used to be the same… is magic  ;D

my bonnie does the ‘mummys nearly home’ thing on uni days when i am home at a regular time lol !!!

they also cued into walk or no walk now to stop them firing off madly 🙂

dogs can definately tell ‘a time important to them’ 😀

Just come and watch Honey at half 4 while she does her ‘getting ready for tea’ routine – involves a lot of following my mum around  :-[

She also knew when we got to my sisters!! About 2 roads away and she getting all excited – nothing familiar as far as im aware and only second time we been here! Probably felt my relief at making it in one peice!

Justine&Rafe

And when we go to OH’s house Rafe is practically howling in the back of my car by the time we pull up!

xtine

ahh now Fritz knows when we are within 1 mile of the heath and when we come off the motorway to Suz’s nans.. and when we are turning into our road… but timings.. that’s different

kizkiznobite

depends in what sense …they certainly have a body clock…they also scent the air ..even in the car…my lot know when i turn into the village even if they curled up fast asleep and it been an ‘unknown’ journey…and they now the route to walk areas…recognise roundabouts and other makers etc…and i swear to doG that gunner counts the number of times the indicators go on and how many left and rights have been taken  ;D

they know tele themes mean that it an out time or a play time etc with Mo but they also know that if they hear the theme out of the normal time…as in she watches it on a rerun then the normal habit doesnt apply…so they are aware of ‘timing’ in that sense…

yep and honey KNOWS if Fritz is at my nans house before us……….

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13861.msg262720#msg262720 date=1236719363]
    yep and honey KNOWS if Fritz is at my nans house before us……….
    [/quote]

That’s because he needs a bath >:D ;D ;D

:surprise: im telling christine lol!!

But yep seriously have no doubt that she can smell they are there already!

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13861.msg262724#msg262724 date=1236719506]
    :surprise: im telling christine lol!!

But yep seriously have no doubt that she can smell they are there already!

[/quote]

You trying to say something about Christine 😮
    I’ll tell her :whistle: ;D

xtine

:nono:  :nono:  :nono: not me.. is RICHARD that smells  :yes: ask suz… he NEVER has a bath at Len and Sylvias.. i do, but never Richard  :nono:

Yup is Richard  ;D

Now on the time telling thing – Honey still knew it was tea time at half 4 even at my sisters..despite routine being shot to pieces!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime