Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Can you condition score dogs?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Can you condition score dogs?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

he looks fine to me – a rare breed a lab that isnt fat  😉  :-*

[quote author=piglet link=topic=13398.msg257041#msg257041 date=1231444440]
    ahh 🙂  its Jessie i was thinking of widget – do you know what her weight is ?
    [/quote]
    I will weigh her and let you know exact weight for you to compare with loki, he looks fine to me tho  😉

Anonymous

Thanks Val – I won’t worry then  ;D

I just wanted to see where he was on a sort of scale to see if I should try to shove a bit more food down him – but he honestly won’t take it.

Just from this morning – so you can see:

[img width=468 height=351]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/sloulou/IMG_1319.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=351]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/sloulou/IMG_1320.jpg[/img]

I forgot to measure his wither height tho  ::)  will do that  ;D

Anonymous

blimey he looks positively fat compared to what you had me imagining – i cant see any ribs or hip bones !!!

Anonymous

😀 ;D

He’s not that skinny! But you can see his ribs, just about, in the flesh  ;D  Def not hip bones tho.  It was more that I wanted to give him a score – I know he’s not a charity case  😛

wags

i will try and get some pictures of Meg – we have hip bones and ribs all sticking out

getting any weight on her has always been a nightmare but any signs of stress and she drops weight rapidly right now she looks awful

hes fine – hes at that stage where i normally tell owners that you dont want him to drop any but if he DID put a bit on it certainly wouldnt kill him either – hes fine – hes fit  :-*

.dodger.

will have to get some pic’s of dodge… i don’t know baout him right now, he’s always taken after his mum being a very lean dog but recently he’s almost lost his waist completely. You can’t see his ribs but you can feel them and his spine and shoulders are really quite boney ??? he’s a strange one lol ::) will get ossme pic’s to post up :yes:

*Nick*

ohmygod!! Loki has a waist! and a tuck!!  Are you absolutely sure he’s a Labrador!?   :canadian:

He looks fab widget! I don’t do fat dogs and to me he looks ideal.     For interest, Sadie is 26 kg and is the ideal weight for her. Most labs we come across , even the reasonably fit ones , easily top the scales at 35kg +.  It’s so hard to tell with them though, there are so many different lines. Without a doubt the show line chocolate lab is by far the porkiest around these parts. Massive rotty heads too.

Consider yourself lucky, Loki can even get some yummy treas and still be in good shape  8)

Anonymous

He’s fine a lean mean running machine  :ok:
    He will only eat what he wants and needs (that is as rare as hens teeth with a lab) if you push the food to much he will have the squits and you don’t want that do you
    Val

Anonymous

Suz – I agree I wouldn’t want him to drop any! But you are right – he isn’t too bad.

Take some of Dodge Laura – will be interesting to see the differences anyway  ;D

Nick – I know – I wouldn’t want a fat lab  ;D Agree chocs do seem fatter than the rest – with big skulls… But I can’t be too down on the cos Loki’s Dad is a choc – a very beautiful choc – but still…  😀  Yes – I never worry about overfeeding him – I guess thats a nice position to be in  🙂

Val – thanks  🙂 – to be honest if I try to make him eat more it doesn’t seem to agree with him (he was sick on Christmas day after eating own body weight in turkey  :-[  ) – so I should just consider myself lucky I guess and not worry about him  🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime