Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

cant keep quiet no longer …..

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip cant keep quiet no longer …..

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

aha – now we have the first de-stress complete she’s laid down eyes closed 🙂

nice one girl !

Anonymous

bump …

so … what do u all think ?

pretty isnt she ?

Claire she’s beautiful, she looks unusual too. I really hope her sore patches will be OK soon and that she settles in nicely, remind me, do you know anything about her history, she looks well I think?

Anonymous

Hi,

I think she came in originally as an unclaimed stray, she had a seizure around the time of her season and was then speyed and homed with all the appropriate information.  Sadly, she had another seizure recently and returned to the rescue shortly after where we think she had a third seizure.

I was approached to foster her and get a bit more info on her seizures (if and when they happen).

I noticed that she had 2 spots on her coat that were healing from ?skin infection and I have noticed a third today but apart from that she seems fine. 

She’s a very friendly, striking looking dog, she appears friendly with william and bonnie and has also met an entire male today and 2 other females (saluki adult and whippety pup) and been 100% with all.  She would train to walk to heel very easily, knows sit and will sustain it e.g. getting out the boot.

She watches you eat obsessively like every bite is her last chance to live lol !!  However, she doesnt snatch treats and self-cues sit and paw for those and will wait turn bonnie first then wills then her.  She’s going to be FOB once she’s lost this excess weight and she needs re-mod to stop the jumping up but she’s focussed and will learn.  alreadly offering stuff without any clicker work etc…

she’s on “chappie” and i thought i’d give her some terrier meal with it – anyone know if akita types are particularly sensitive to wheat/w. gluten ?

over all i would say she’s a lovely bouncy young lively sweet kind loving snuggly wuggly girl lol !!  sure she’d be fine with other dogs, she didnt show “intent” to chase on lead when bonnie flew off hunting after a squirrel she noticed and just passed it by – this may be leash awareness or just non hunting.

i was told she had a spot on recall so i thought i would test it and she has b*gger all recall – i think what she had was a velcro “TBPTB” bond, not a recall lol !! 

the rest … time will tell i guess.  she’s gonna be a handful but not in the same way as misty was.  e.g. she’s fine to walk onlead while the others are off so thats my “biggie” problem sorted.  cant wait to see what everyone else makes of her !

if she is an akita cross – i know i should be DNB and plenty of collies are aggressive but is there anything “in particular” i should be watching for – like guarding or well i dont know anything about them, what “job” they do anything …  she has a “snowdog” type coat but then i always think wills does too – Val do you remember what i mean with the dense soft hair ?  she’s got the same with the same longer coarser along the back – same norty spots too lol !!

Claire x

GSPmad

what are FOB TBPTB and DNB.  ???

Anonymous

DNB – deed not breed

TBPTB – the best place to be

FOB – full of beans

Anonymous

now i look at the akita rescue site – i dont see it in her again !!!

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12869.msg247889#msg247889 date=1225299675]
    DNB – deed not breed

TBPTB – the best place to be

FOB – full of beans
    [/quote]

see i was thinking

DNB = do not bother

TBPTB = something to do with bouncing back to rescues

FOB = friend of bonnie

😀

Anonymous

whatever she is or is not – she will have to go to someone who is aware of akita’s because she’s already been called one while out with me by 2 different people.  i dont know how much “prejudice” there is against them but i do know that some people think they’re aggressive so possibility for “comments” maybe?

she’s a babe tho 😀

GSPmad

imo they are another of the breeds that have been ‘adopted’ by people that shouldn’t be allowed within a million miles of a dog and use them for image. they do tend to be protective of family\ guard\ aloof with strangers i believe.

travis

She is gorgeous Claire,she does look very much like an Akita x,I am sure Val will be able to have a better idea 🙂

.dodger.

i think she looks akita-ish – he muzzle is a bit long for one but the shape of her head and if her ear’s were fully pricked i’d say yup :yes:
    [quote author=piglet link=topic=12869.msg247886#msg247886 date=1225299265]
    if she is an akita cross – i know i should be DNB and plenty of collies are aggressive but is there anything “in particular” i should be watching for – like guarding or well i dont know anything about them, what “job” they do anything …  she has a “snowdog” type coat but then i always think wills does too – Val do you remember what i mean with the dense soft hair ?  she’s got the same with the same longer coarser along the back – same norty spots too lol !!

Claire x
    [/quote]

from experience with Tila who is very much akita watch out for her with female’s and resource guarding. I’m sure not all akita’s resource guard but i know that it can be well known for them not to get on with females (one of the problems we have with Tila and Luci) They are fiercely loyal and bond with mainly just  the one person so watch out for the jealousy – tila wont let any of our other dogs have a tickle from my mam or dad. I don’t think it’s about blaming the breed type thing i think it’s about knowing their temperament and working with it – i wish i had known more about akita before i got Tila because i didn’t notice the akita traits she showed back then which are now creating problems further down the line

oh and btw she is verrry purdy but bonnie is just gorgeous!!

I def can see akita, maybe she’s akitaX  X ???? 

Yeah laura, you’re right, bonnie is so gorgeous, she has such a sparkle in her eye, like a little minx  😀

Anonymous

hehe !!

she is a little minxymooos !!!!

Claire x

Awww Claire shes just gorgeous!!  what she like with little dogs? find out and let me know wont you – i dont want Honey being lunch  😉  😀 Cant wait to see her shes just bootiful!  :yes:  :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime