Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

cant keep quiet no longer …..

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip cant keep quiet no longer …..

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hi,

she’s perfect with other dogs 🙂  she met a bolshy entire boy terrier today – not phased, 2 gorgeous leggy girl saluki + whippet – again not phased …. she’ll probably just go “oh a dog” and carry on.

by then we’ll have a much better idea of her anyway its a month away yet – also honey will be sleeping wiv you so she wont be midnight snack lol !! 🙂

aunty bev is coming next week to meet her 🙂

claire x

hehe she sounds just lovely – you got any possible homes lined up at all yet?

GSPmad

had a sudden thought – was she called sammy by her original owners and if so could it have been cos she had samoyed in her? or am i just in the realms of the very bizarre and unlikely?  ;D

.dodger.

i don’t see samoyed in her tbh – she hasn’t got the coat or the face. Definitely sticking with the akita :yes:

Anonymous

hi,

sadly not 🙁

I have put a request in to DP’s to put her up there, she’s on my facebook and i’ve joined a couple of akita groups, she’s on here and i’m gonna send them a pic for their website and one to my dog walker too.

She’s lovely, really lovely – I keep having mini panics about her being an akita and all i know about them is bad things till now.  Some websites say they’re dogfighting dogs, others say a nice nanny dog – seems as split as staffies are !!  She’s got some collie in her for sure as structually her muzzle isnt Akita and nor are her ears!  She seems very people-company focussed and i’ve read this can be a real akita “thing” – its not a bad point, its lovely but will need some thought / training go into being left.  She’s clever too and cute and i’m getting more confident with her now – she’s just sooooo big lol !!  

She’s been perfecto with every dog again today including ours, a mad springer and a very dash-about patterdale/lab thing 😉  even had a little play and a bark !!

claire x

Anonymous

an interesting theory but there is nowhere near coat for samoyed – she is coated like wills dog – almost exactly like him !

i have some better pics but have work to get done 🙂

x x

GSPmad

one of the two nice akitas i have met played with duibh.  🙂 they bounced around like lunatics.  😀 both the ones i have met that were friendly not aloof were bitches. i have heard that akitas as a breed are known for a tendency to problems with other dogs – but itseems she is free from that and people friendly, so it shouldn’t be a problem.  🙂

.dodger.

akita are aloof with strangers but not with ‘their’ people :yes: they tend not to get on with same sex dogs and are quite independent. i guess the best person to ask is LucyR as i can only say what i know from Tila

Tila was brilliant with all dogs but are now having problems with her and bitches so just a forewarning to make sure you keep an eye on it – i know you know what you are doing training wise plus you have bev on your doorstep so i’m sure you’ll be fine 😉 :-*)

Anonymous

Hi,

thats great advice Laura, i had read that they didnt always get along with female dogs – i am re-inforcing Bonnie and keeping careful watch on them all.  plus i’ve seen in other posts  not to let them off lead so i’m having her on a training lead or long line and we’re only meeting dogs who are coming to her at the moment and bonnie will typically greet them first and if they aint nice send ’em packing for me 🙂

she is such a total asset all those nights crying feeling like my head was splitting in two with training her – my god laura i’ve never done something thats been so totally beneficial in all my years !! 

Claire x

p.s. ok – now i relent and say i am lucky to have Bev near me 🙂

.dodger.

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12869.msg248181#msg248181 date=1225405883]
    p.s. ok – now i relent and say i am lucky to have Bev near me 🙂
    [/quote]
    success  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
    [quote author=piglet link=topic=12869.msg248181#msg248181 date=1225405883]
    she is such a total asset all those nights crying feeling like my head was splitting in two with training her – my god laura i’ve never done something thats been so totally beneficial in all my years !! 
    [/quote]
    i can’t wait for that feeling with dodge :yes: :-* you do well Claire so good luck with Sammy and don’t forget to update with lots of pic’s :yes:

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime