Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

carcasses everywhere!

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion carcasses everywhere!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    deebee

never seen the like!

went to airfield today and they were everywhere. at least 5 that we saw, though max seeked out the first one lol.

[img width=468 height=351]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i284/deebee_01/Max/Photo0092.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=351]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i284/deebee_01/Max/Photo0094.jpg[/img]

kizkiznobite

looks like someone has dumped….hard to tell from the pics any idea what they once were?

deebee

i was hoping someone here could tell me. the one hes got in his gob we did find about a month ago, unless its another one. all the rest were hips with a bit of backbone. (i think).
    lamb perhaps?

deebee

just to add, i didnt want to take too much of an interest by inspecting them but they looked pretty weathered and they were pretty spread out. i would have thought that any foxes would have had them or dont they do bones?

kizkiznobite

yep they do dee and the also bury for later etc…

hard to assess size but they look a bit big for lamb….and venison farms nearby?

deebee

not that i know of. the one he has looked smaller than the others looking at the size of the backbones. theres nothing in the first pic to judge scale but the bones were bigger.

i thought by the size that it was a cat but then tought it was alittle too big so thought lamb.

either way he gave it up, thought about it mind  😀

kizkiznobite

badger? you ever heard of any baiting done in the area?

deebee

oh now thats not a nice thought. there are lots of badgers round here so who knows?

perhaps next time i ought to bag one up and ask , erm a vet maybe.

kizkiznobite

mmm got me interested now  ;D  need a skull or a scapula really….there are rules and regs about dumping carcasses…think defra and env health are the bodies that deal with such bodies…it a bit odd they not been better scavanged…they could be fox i guess….

deebee

why did i not think of fox! i think that would be about right for the one he got, like a big cat (i know theyre dogs but you know what i mean). they shoot fox here. the other ones looked different.

again, the one he got was the most complete. the others were excatly the same as the first pic.  no skulls or scapulas that i could see. they were all out in the open, that was what i thought was odd.

deebee

i’m running loose with this now, badger and dogs that got killed baiting them? i thought though that badger baiters would throw the bodies in the road to look like road kill. 

kizkiznobite

its a big area and wasteland…less risk of being seen up there than stopping on the road etc…less mess in the cars too…

did max just sniff them …did he avoid mouthing them….

deebee

that one he got first, he picked up and carried it like ‘look what i got’ i told him he didnt want it and he agreed the sausage was nicer and left it. he only spotted one other and i ‘leave’d it and he did. we then got back to the first one again on the way back, and he remembered it picked it up and didnt want to drop it this time, prob cos i was fiddling with camera. put camera away and told drop and reluctantly he did. he didnt think they were so great though just a novelty.

kizkiznobite

am mega curious….  🙂

Bev … Hare ??

they have largeish discs near the base of spine and a tight ribcage … ?

also its march arent they supposed to be “mad” around now ??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime