Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Cavalier King Charles Question

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Cavalier King Charles Question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    nala

Hello

Sorry to be a pain but i have just been down to see my friend as she rang me to let me know that she had just got a new puppy King Charles what a beautiful little thing.

There are just a few things wrong that concern me and i thought i would ask firstly she sold the pup as just Coming upto 9 weeks old and when my friend got home and looked at the Pedigree Certificate when she got it home ( thats a laugh she has done it on the computer herself and reckons its a pedigree ( alarm bells YES ) and it says the dog was born on the 09/12/2005 clearly 12 weeks old.

Also the pup along with pom’s Rotties etc were in a brick building in the garden with a huge bowl of food for them to have whenever they wanted, the dog was thin and very quiet and was outside as said in a cage poor thing.

Anyway has anyone heard of Smart Puppies or Little Rascals in the Brant Broughton area of Leicestersire/Notts area  as i was just wondering about the pedigree names for some of them.

Freemount Choice – Father
    Danny Lady – Mother

Reg’s Rascals
    Elcens Pride
    Danny Boy
    Sheepham Fancy Ribbon

I would be very grateful and i do apologise if this seems a bit hit and miss.

She is at the vets tomorrow for a full health check,

Thanks Louise

Anonymous

Its a puppy farm dog….. I think I will go and shoot myself  ::) why wait until she got home to look at the paperwork give me a bullet…………. Poms Rotties building in the garden………….s**t I can’t stand it is this woman thick or the walking dead does she have no alarm bells and just to add to the problem she buys a KC …with there health problems I am typeless as apposed to speachless.

All Breeders write there own pedigree’s I do mine on the computer much better than hand writing them but what she should have is a transfer paper with the pups KC registeration name DOB mum and dad’s pedigree DOB’s and health checks and I bet she never got that
    Val
    Who is beginning to wonder if all this information we type up is just a waste of time

[quote author=nala link=topic=2757.msg26752#msg26752 date=1143400418]
    Hello

Sorry to be a pain but i have just been down to see my friend as she rang me to let me know that she had just got a new puppy King Charles what a beautiful little thing.

There are just a few things wrong that concern me and i thought i would ask firstly she sold the pup as just Coming upto 9 weeks old and when my friend got home and looked at the Pedigree Certificate when she got it home ( thats a laugh she has done it on the computer herself and reckons its a pedigree ( alarm bells YES ) and it says the dog was born on the 09/12/2005 clearly 12 weeks old.

Also the pup along with pom’s Rotties etc were in a brick building in the garden with a huge bowl of food for them to have whenever they wanted, the dog was thin and very quiet and was outside as said in a cage poor thing.

Anyway has anyone heard of Smart Puppies or Little Rascals in the Brant Broughton area of Leicestersire/Notts area  as i was just wondering about the pedigree names for some of them.

Freemount Choice – Father
    Danny Lady – Mother

Reg’s Rascals
    Elcens Pride
    Danny Boy
    Sheepham Fancy Ribbon

I would be very grateful and i do apologise if this seems a bit hit and miss.

She is at the vets tomorrow for a full health check,

Thanks Louise
    [/quote]

Anonymous

OH Nala
    maybe you should get your friend round to read ‘Not kennel club Registered’…. its  at the bottom of page 3 under Dogs section…Poor Val… don’t do it 😉 sounds about the same date little Bex was born

nala

Hi

Thanks for the response, no my friend is not thick this is her first puppy that she has been and brought and she didn’t know what to look for etc…

She had been trying to get hold of me to go with her but i was out and so coulnd’t go.

Is there anything she should do about this or should she just leave it she has got the dog out of there and it is in a lovely family home and she is such a little sweetie but we shall see what the vets say tomorrow i suppose.

I know it is a puppy farm but lets face it if you have never got a dog before how are you supposed to know people tell you what they want you to hear and if you do not know what to look out for then what are you supposed to do.

Cheers Louise

Anonymous

well i think a good idea is to find out what you ARE meant to be looking out for – puppy farms will continue unless people do a bit more homework before choosing there dog!!
    Clearly its a bit too late for the lectures – lets hope she now knows better for next time!!  :-\

Anonymous

your quite right nala…my friend just did just the same wanted a dog, found one went to place woman gave all the right answers they just fell in love and bought her, she’s had kennel cough though so make sure your friend says to vet she’s come from akennel environment, it took a week or so to come out in little bex, fortunatley she’s fine now, good luck for tomorrow 🙂

Anonymous

if you have never got a dog before how are you supposed to know people tell you what they want you to hear and if you do not know what to look out for then what are you supposed to do.

Surely you ask someone who does know??  I don’t have a clue about cars and so I wouldn’t go and buy one without asking a friend who does or going to a main dealer!  Why oh why do people not think before they buy puppies?  ::)

By buying a puppy from this sort of place, your friend has not saved this puppy, but condemned her Mother to produce yet another litter because the pups are so easy to sell.

There are four main areas of health that must be screened before Cavaliers are bred from
    a. Eye must be certified as clear by a BVA/ISDS/KC panelist
    b.Heart must be certified clear
    c.MRI screen for Syringohydromyelia must be clear
    They should also be checked for luxating patella and anal gland problems.

Of course this puppy’s parents won’t have been checked for these so the most constructive advice that I can give is to make sure that your friend insures this puppy, ensuring that the policy gives lifetime cover.

After you with the gun Val!  :'(

PS I posted this on 8th March.  https://www.resources.dogclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2601.0

How can we spread the word?  What more can we do?

Anonymous

I was really niavie when getting my girls. where do you go to buy pets? to the pet shop right, well that’s what I thought. thats where I got my first girl from. Then I thought I was upgrading by buying from a pet breeder but it wasn’t until I came on this site, with a bang I might add, that I realised how wrong this was.

People will feed you s**t to get want they want then your left with the horrible after taste for 10/15 years ( i’m not refering to the dog) 😉

nala

Hello

Just thought i would update you, my friend took the pup to the vets today and she has got webbed eyes ( i think she called it ) and nerve damage she is partially blind and wont get any better.

She contacted the breeder ( laugh ) and he offered to take the pup back but she said no she is going to keep her and give her the best life she can and she is getting a precentage of the money back aswell.

Anyway update over.

Louise

Anonymous

Sorry Nala

I know she is a friend but she is thick if you just pump dog uk in the search on the net the first site up is this one and the second is the KC.

Rough has said it all your friends chosen breed is not the easiest to buy off a KC breeder but a puppy farmer I despair so yet another poor little KC months away from her next litter I hope you tell your friend or better still show her these mails
    Puppy farmers breed their bitches EVERY season usually until they die giving birth if they don’t die giving birth and manage to stay disease free they are shot at eight if the numbers in the litter get smaller they get shot
    Val

[quote author=nala link=topic=2757.msg26762#msg26762 date=1143405395]
    Hi

Thanks for the response, no my friend is not thick this is her first puppy that she has been and brought and she didn’t know what to look for etc…

She had been trying to get hold of me to go with her but i was out and so coulnd’t go.

Is there anything she should do about this or should she just leave it she has got the dog out of there and it is in a lovely family home and she is such a little sweetie but we shall see what the vets say tomorrow i suppose.

I know it is a puppy farm but lets face it if you have never got a dog before how are you supposed to know people tell you what they want you to hear and if you do not know what to look out for then what are you supposed to do.

Cheers Louise
    [/quote]

emma_pen
    quote :

I know she is a friend but she is thick

I agree with everything thats been said re puppy farms etc but since when were very personal insults acceptable by a forum moderator?

Anonymous

I may moderate this site but I am not dead or daft.
    Thick was the best word for this behaviour I have a lot worse.
    And who put you on the throne
    Val

[quote author=emma_pen link=topic=2757.msg26899#msg26899 date=1143491558]

quote :

I know she is a friend but she is thick

I agree with everything thats been said re puppy farms etc but since when were very personal insults acceptable by a forum moderator?
    [/quote]

nala

Yes she is my friend and No she is not THICK she was searching for a dog and yes she chose the wrong one which she is fully aware of but i think that she has got the dog out of a very bad situation yes the others are still their but at the end of the day she has given one a lot better chance and she is going to keep the puppy and give it a good start, as good as can be for the poor little thing and see where she goes from their.

Its just a shame that not everyone knows about puppy farms because life is full of mistakes and thats the way you learn so there is no need to start insulting people just because they made a mistake.

Louise

Anonymous

nala, have you explained to her that she’s not saving this puppy but condemning the dam to have another litter?  She actually perpetuating the cycle by giving money to this puppy producer, and not helping the situation at all.
    I understand her original mistake, but now it has been explained it to her, there is no excuse for keeping the pup at all, other than to keep the puppy farmer (and her Vet!) in business!

PS  I’ve never heard of webbed eyes and would be very interested to know what it is.

Anonymous

I’m sorry Nala your friend must live on Mars if she doesn’t know about puppy farmers they are in the papers,all the major UK rescues warn about then they have had many programmes on the TV devoted to them even the National news has had stories about them.

You yourself said
    ”Also the pup along with pom’s Rotties etc were in a brick building in the garden with a huge bowl of food for them to have whenever they wanted, the dog was thin and very quiet and was outside as said in a cage poor thing.”

Is this the place to buy a puppy
    Sorry I stand by what I have said it beggers belief, some folks get sucked in because they only see the puppy or an agent is selling stock from their home but this is madness to be taken on a tour and still not walk away.

Apart from anything else if you want a certain breed you at least read a book, ask a vet,chat to someone that has the breed
    Val

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime