Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Cheap meat!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Cheap meat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Aaargh you guys! I’m spending so much money buying meat for my boys. They get through a massive bag of chicken portions a week, not to mention eggs, apples, frozen bags of mince and fish all from Sainsbury’s/supermarkets at the moment which you can imagine is quite expensive (well, it’s not too bad… I reckon I spend about £20 a week on them). Our local butcher is a bit rubbish, all he ever has is beef stock bones which are great for teeth cleaning bones but that’s all really. Is there anywhere where I can buy cheap meat in bulk? We only have a normal drawer freezer, which is a pain. Thanks in advance!

leoti

Have you tried Landywoods    www.landywoods.co.uk   i get alll mine there

Do you not have a wholesale butchers anywhere near you?

Anonymous

I will have a look, thanks for the tip! Also Landywoods looks brilliant, thanks for that!  :ok:

Ask Christine – cant mind the name of the place she buys in from they are very good………

GSPmad

http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/pages/berriewood-frozen-food-1211.htm

have never used them, but have heard they are good.

think xtine uses landywoods.

nope she doesnt well if she does wasnt what i was thinking of- sheepdrove  :yes:

http://www.sheepdroveshop.com/acatalog/Organic_Doggy_Bags.html

there sorry forgot to look for the link – but is a topic somewhere of the bones/meat etc that she got through  🙂

GSPmad

sheepdrove – you are right.  :yes: and i’ve no idea why i thought it was landywoods  ??? cos i remember the topic and i went onto the site and looked at prices.  😀

GSPmad
    Anonymous

I sometimes get those trays from Sheepdrove for Loki  – they are one of his favourite things – the have bits of bone, offal and meat in them – He gets a whole tray for breakfast and it goes fast  :yes:

The bones are good too  🙂

I would order from them- but is so difficult being here to take delivery….and they say they cant guarentee the day of delivery so….

kizkiznobite

find a local game butcher…there is a post on here somewhere about sourcing food…put up your postcode….

Anonymous

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13057.msg252050#msg252050 date=1226955224]
    I would order from them- but is so difficult being here to take delivery….and they say they cant guarentee the day of delivery so….
    [/quote]

Can they not leave it outside somewhere safe? Or with a neighbour? They always tell me when they delivering and either hide it behind my wall or leve with next door  🙂

Not really Sarah – unless they chuck it over the gate – leave anything outside our house will probably get nicked  ::)  🙁

Anonymous

Thanks for all the links  :ok:

Kiz I couldn’t find the post about sourcing food?

I really do need a big freezer don’t I…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime