Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

chestnuts…

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health chestnuts…

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    xtine

ahh  bless Foxy… bet you smile about it now tho eh? bet demand for allotments goes up more and more now  :-\

Diesel73
    quote :

i’d really like an allotment but its soooo hard to get one and its a big commitment.  My granda used to keep turkeys and all sorts of birds up until a few years ago, it was very hard work.  He would sleep at the allotment in a shed in the nights running up to xmas because people were after the turkeys! 

Last year they stole the entire stock from a breeder. 23 of my birds i sold to him included. If we ever find a birdring with my number on it i’m going to…….  >:(

i’d love an allotment too but probably don’t have nearly enough time to look after one, would love some chickens too  :yes:

i think roasted chestnuts are the symbol of xmas for me too..every year at the end of November Ulverston has its Dickensian Festival and they have little carts with roasted chestnuts it just marks the run up to xmas…love it so much (didn’t get there though this year i’m gutted).

Aly12

I remember roasting chestnuts on our open coal fire when I was young – it was great.  I thought about opening our fire up again to burn solid fuel or logs instead of the gas fire but it was going to cost about £1000-£1500 for the work – would take a long time to recoup that money saving gas

Anonymous

HAHA !!!

i thought this was gonna be about testicles !!!!

duuuh 🙂

claire x

Diesel73

[quote author=piglet link=topic=13154.msg253963#msg253963 date=1228514933]
    HAHA !!!

i thought this was gonna be about testicles !!!!

duuuh 🙂

claire x
    [/quote]
    Bwahahaha  😀 .

kizkiznobite

ami (maybe learnt from brose)certainly knows the dif between horse chestnuts and sweet chestnuts…horse chestnuts are prickly and need to be destroyed and spat out in bits  ::) sweet chestnuts need opening carefully and eating  🙂

if roasted even better  🙂

*Lassie*

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13154.msg254045#msg254045 date=1228657152]
    ami (maybe learnt from brose)certainly knows the dif between horse chestnuts and sweet chestnuts…horse chestnuts are prickly and need to be destroyed and spat out in bits  ::) sweet chestnuts need opening carefully and eating  🙂

if roasted even better  🙂
    [/quote]

Smart girlie :-*

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime