Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Christmas presents

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip Christmas presents

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

Sorry.ย  ;D Need to think about them now cos I aint got a clue… can anyone help? I hate shopping and I need to get it over and done with…

a) what do you buy a 17 yr old girl? a 16 yr old boy? a 15 yr old boy with Aspergers – and no clue what he’s interested in – used to be motorbikes? and a 14 yr old girl? I am good at presents up to about age 10….ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

b) a grandmother – into highbrow, intellectualy, literary – but anything bought on those lines will not be ‘right’. I suspect she would like something like a picture of all her children and grandchildren together – but I think Hell is more likely to freeze over….ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ she also likes plants – but has been attempting to reduce stocks as she likes to think that she is not long for this world – and despite having a million and one thing wrong with her and being determined she will die her body maintains a stout refusal…ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ any ideas? she is a horrendous to get stuff for…. went down the Christmas flowers theme 2 yrs ago so can’t really do that again.

c) an aunt. i am stumped this year. likes folk music and folky type things and collects musical instruments like they are going out of fashion – i have no idea of the name of the thing she got last Xmas (not from me ) but it was very loud.ย  >:D she has 2 hurdy gurdys, a couple of mandolins, a few recorders… anyway you get the picture.ย  ;D she also likes drawing and painting – but got her some sort of artist type set a couple of years ago.

d) a mother. likes buddhism, red wine, mountains and football. free to… anyway yes.ย  ;D have thought of a couple of things for her but need something else too i think.

oh, and not too expensive.ย  ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

any thoughts?ย  ;D

GSPmad

And also… what would be a good book for 14 yr old boy – wants a dog, can’t really have one – and think I have persuaded him that it isn’t a good idea till he’s done school, uni etc – but where he can learn more about dogs and dog breeds etc and which he will find enjoyable to read too.ย  ;D

Vouchers!!!ย  ;D

GSPmad

Vouchers are a good idea – except they’re just no fun to watch people open.ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ Might work for the kids tho if I don’t become inspired.ย  ;D

Anonymous

Girls ………. make up and smellies always good, nice little top from Primark or some nice jammies(trendy), perfume, trendy(again) ones NOT charlie!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Boys ……. smellies aswell, they do nice set at xmas, some with scarves and hats in. Vouchers from Game or Zavvi for music and Playstation/etc games.

Ask parents what kids are into, remember no 1 rule TRENDY STUFF :ok:

remember one year Kelly aged 13 got pink net headscarf from granny DID NOT GO DOWN WELL!! :crazy:

GSPmad

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12915.msg248429#msg248429 date=1225534591]
    remember one year Kelly aged 13 got pink net headscarf from granny DID NOT GO DOWN WELL!! :crazy:
    [/quote]

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ;D can imagine.

Never have any idea on make up – wouldn’t have a clue what to get – not a make up sort of bod.ย  ;D Smellies I can do – Body Shop is the answer – that’s a plan.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

Bodyshop is good, Superdrug do brilliant makeup setsย  around ยฃ10 or less they have allsorts in them so you cant really go wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

GSPmad

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12915.msg248433#msg248433 date=1225535491]
    Bodyshop is good, Superdrug do brilliant makeup setsย  around ยฃ10 or less they have allsorts in them so you cant really go wrong ๐Ÿ™‚
    [/quote]

Excellent, thanks – that sounds like 2 on list taken care of.ย  ;D

What about making a nice food hamper for your gran Terry?ย  For the teens in our family last year we made a cinema hamper too, cinema voucher for one, bag of popcorn and some Woolies pic n mix – went down well with ours.ย  OMG, I sound like the hamper queen, not making any this year though!

GSPmad

Trouble is, grandmother has diverticulitis so whatever I would think of would probably be wrong – I am also not good on food stuff.ย  ;D Getting her gin when went to visit always used to be a good move – cos she liked to have one or two with her neighbour but would never buy it herself – but don’t think she can really have that any more with her multiple ailments either. So food and drink probably out.ย  :-\

Anonymous

grannies like foot warmers or those blankets that do up at the front with a zip, keeps em warm in the winter, but many do need reminding to UNDO zip before they get up! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

my nan loved cardies or slippers (only from m&s!)ย  ::) ๐Ÿ˜€
    or a nice handbag

GSPmad

Got her slippers a few years ago – very nice sheepskin ones with grips – she liked em.ย  ;D Also got her a foot spa – cos she does like foot stuff, esp since she has Rainows too. If you can think of any other foot things they would probably be good ones actually.ย  ;D Bearing in mind she can’t really bend over so needs to be easy to operate\ use.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    *Nat*

I must admit I buy vouchers if I’m not sure what to get, at least that way they can get something they need or wantย  ๐Ÿ™‚ I do make sure its for a store that has a variety of things to chose from thoughย  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees โ€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime