November 5, 2008 at 5:32 pm #62523Foxisle_crazyMember
I got this email today
I am writing to let you know about a new organisation that is keen to hear from you: The Coalition For Improved Dog Ownership Standards.
The Coalition For Improved Dog Ownership Standards – or C-fidos – has been set up to give people who care about issues such as:
* Rising animal cruelty cases
* Rising numbers of reported dog attacks
* Rising numbers of anti social behaviour involving dog owners
* Animal shelters at breaking point with abandoned dogs
* Growing numbers of irresponsibly supplied dogs
* An unchecked growth in the number of dogs bred in puppy farms or bred indiscriminately
an opportunity to put forward their ideas, opinions and strategies on how the UK can work toward driving up dog ownership standards, making dog ownership better for all.
C-fidos is inviting people to take a look at the website http://www.cfidos.co.uk and to appeal for applications from people who might be interested in contributing to a C-fidos steering group; more information here: http://www.cfidos.co.uk/about-2/organisation/
C-fidos is founded on 7 key principles which – we hope – can gain the support of the general public, the media and the Government:
1) That dogs and society in the UK would benefit from a nation of better informed dog owners
2) That dog related legislation should be fair and not based on breed type
3) That the UK should strive to address and reduce the number of dogs surrendered to shelters
4) That all dog owners should be made aware of the principles of the Animal Welfare Act
5) That all potential dog owners should be better informed as to how to select responsible suppliers of dogs
6) That irresponsible suppliers and producers of dogs should be properly legislated against
7) That educating young people about dogs is to the great benefit of dogs and society in the future
If you’d like to be involved – please visit http://www.cfidos.co.uk –
It certainly sounds better than anything else thats come out, well on paper anyway. The only thing that bothers me is who sent it, given the way he went on with the show world recently :-\November 5, 2008 at 5:36 pm #110308AnonymousGuest
>:D >:D >:DRyan O’Meara >:D >:D >:DNovember 5, 2008 at 7:08 pm #110309*Nick*Member
Who’s Ryan O’Meara?November 5, 2008 at 8:21 pm #110310SuzAndTheDivaMember
ditto Nick who is he?November 5, 2008 at 8:22 pm #110311
Name sounds familiar Nick, but I can’t quite remember – brain dead tonight.November 5, 2008 at 8:23 pm #110312
And there was an article in that magazine… but I have forgotten what it was about exactly… remember the article tho…November 5, 2008 at 9:17 pm #110313*Nick*Member
It’s strange but just this morning a thought crossed my mind along these lines.
Does anyone foresee a time when dog ownership will be legislated?
It’s happened before when certain breeds such as the Deerhound and Wolfhound were only allowed to be owned by the nobility.
I can’t see it happening here in canada anytime soon simply because it wouldn’t be a big vote-getter either way and that’s all politicians care about.
What do you think?November 6, 2008 at 8:58 am #110314AnonymousGuest
This is what he stands for! Read Dyane’s comments at the bottom and his reply and then decide if you want to support him! :nono:November 6, 2008 at 9:16 am #110315AnonymousGuestWow fame @ last LOLOLOLOL
A definite :boooo: :boooo: :boooo: :nono: :nono: :nono:
:butt: :butt: :butt:November 6, 2008 at 9:26 am #110316AnonymousGuest
You’ve said exactly what responsible breeders are thinking Dyane! :yes: :yes: :yes:
The problem is that these commercial magazine people 😉 post what appears to be reasonable stuff that appeals to those who don’t know what their true motives are! When you dig a bit deeper …………… :boooo: :boooo:November 6, 2008 at 9:45 am #110317Kerry_and_BeauMember
that wasn’t a resonse it was a brush off (put politely) don’t question me litle girl attitutde cos i’ll step over you with the crowd of people that don’t know any better i have following me blindly ::)November 6, 2008 at 10:44 am #110318
[quote author=Rough link=topic=12971.msg249628#msg249628 date=1225961905]
This is what he stands for! Read Dyane’s comments at the bottom and his reply and then decide if you want to support him! :nono:
he’s up himself, isn’t he? ::) :boooo:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.