Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

crafty cubert

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs crafty cubert

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=14429.msg269458#msg269458 date=1246634453]

mmmm lassie…but….he had drank out of it…the remains like egg white…great…just what i always wanted  ::)
    [/quote]

Could always use it as a face pack >:D ;D

kizkiznobite

mmmm well yep…but …it landed on the wrong area of the bodies…. 😀 😀

kizkiznobite

sonedog is seriously in the dog house…. >:D

didnt go to bed until gone 2am again

he started setting up his stall at 3am  ::)….as it was ‘my fault’ the previous night….i told him leave it and go to bed… >:D  >:D  he did…i went to sleep ….at 4am he started again….i got cross…told him to leave it and go to bed…he did but…. :order:  :order: ignored him…i went to sleep….

he chewed one of Mo’s trainers….. >:D  >:D  :what:

apparently it is ‘my fault’  ::)

i have never had a girl pup that chews….never….the only chewer i have had was tobysetter….

he a bad boy….he not even that much of a pup anymore…if he doesnt pack it in he going to be put in the doghouse at night with the others  >:D  >:D

mebadmebadmybodymademedoitmebadbadboy  dontcarereally  :gum: cubert

heneedsasmackedbottomhespoiltruinedandbad  >:D amilou

Val

Now you know why I have girlies  ;D ::)

kizkiznobite

yeah..i know…i had a moment of madness…. ::)

kizkiznobite

In the cubert puppy thread there is discussion about male pack manager/female pack manager roles etc…well the fairies came and took my puppy  🙁 and left with me with a big lummox  ::) ….think the fairies have come back and taken the big lummox  ;D and left me with a big boyo that is all grown up….  :yes:

So the lado is now 17 months…well cued…still has mega episodes of puppy behaviour, very loving, very friendly with folk and dogs, still obsessed with kiddies but….

He now the house male…his role is to protect his carers and pack  p:-)

Think he has been practising on the quiet   :suspious:

Last Friday they got left longer than normal, we had to go out and we got stuck getting back and they had been left 6 hours ..so I was in oh doG mode.  Pulled up outside, all silent, cubert and ami had been left in the doghouse that has the back door in…the boys were left to roam…I crept up to the side of the house and peaked through the glass pane in the stable back door…cubert and ami curled up asleep…I opened the top half of the stable door and cubert went from sleep to 90 miles an hour in 3 seconds…launched from lying to feet up on half door in a single move, teeth bared, nose curled back, saliva, the works… and making the deepest rumbling growl, in out breathing growl, I have ever heard from a clumber…it all happened so fast I was stunned…ami had calmly gone to back of the room…that stunned me too…she didn’t even do her normal guard stuff…just let him do his job…as soon as he realised it was me he went all daft and pleased with himself…‘didn’t I do good mum‘…tell you…anyone trying to break in and getting that in face would run a mile….  >:D  >:D

Then early hours Friday at 4 am I woke up to him doing that deep deep rumbling growl, fairly quietly but building….he was standing on the bottom of the bed in full alert mode staring at the window…half asleep…my first thought was someone had put a ladder up and was breaking in haha….then it thundered…a large rolling thunder not a thunder clap…I thought he was going to launch himself at the window   😮 ….I ignored him….and he started the real deep deep growling and woofed his deep woof…it thundered again….he waited 3 minutes…no more thunder…he gave a last grumble, looked at me, wagged tail with a ‘that sorted that monster out‘…lay down and was snoring in 5 seconds flat….he can do that rumble growl and woof at the same time …I so wanted to laugh…both noises coming out at once…it pretty scary but so funny  😀 😀

Yesterday the storm came lunch time…he was eating his bone…it was hilarious…he did exactly the same but at the lounge window…dashed back ….moved ami out of the room…blocked Mo so she couldn’t go to window…grabbed his bone…got up on his window box and then carried on doing the deep rumble growling woof until thunder had stopped….he was very very pleased with himself …ami? She looked at him…said OK get on with it and carried on eating where he had told her to go…she has relinquished the role me thinks  :yes:

now need to get it on cue…lord knows how i can do it without trapping it…need more thunder  ;D

*Lassie*

All grown up Cubert 😮 where has the time gone?
    He sounds the perfect sweetheart Bev :-*

aww little cubert is all grown up ;D ;D bless him, would love to see a video of his rumbly growl 😀

I do love all his stories  :-*

kizkiznobite

the hairy horror has finally done it….it been coming…was just a matter of time and gaining height  ;D

i am not buying anymore dog gates…waste of time and space and make you lazy…which is what i have always said…never had one never used one until brose fell ill and had to isolate her from the others…and that didnt last long with falkor….well we got another for while ted was getting nursed….

ami had taught cubert how to open the bottom catches on the old one when a tiny pup as in the video….the top lock had been damaged on that one by falkor….we then set to tying it shut…cubert worked out that if he rolled the friction pad adjusters he loosened it at the bottom and he could push through it like a dog flap  ::) so we bought a new one…the same type…tall Lindam…screwed it to the sides this time as well as the suction cups…yeah right  ::) has taken him 2 weeks….he obviously realises anything blue means opening possibility…..

a couple of times it been open and we had one of those you didnt shut the gate arguments….
    caught the cubes last night…. >:D….feet up on top of gate lifting up the blue handle……did a loud WTF are you doing and he went all daft and manic rolling about on my feet waggin tail with amnt i clever me clever me clever… ::)

so openings….

that is house gates
    other dog’s crates
    removing collars off other dogs…yep he can do clips and buckles
    zips on back packs and cushions
    the popper on the duvet cover…great game to get inside the cover at 5 am, sure way to get mum up
    door knobs and handles
    the front room window catches….knocks them with his head to open window wider and sticks out neck
    to greet anyone standing there
    the front gate…thwack latch with paw, grab bars and pull
    has tried the back door handles in car….we keep kiddy locks on now and tape up the widow openings

just waiting for him to discover the bolts on the new garden gate…. ::)

*Nat*

Haha a real houdini isn’t he  😀  😀

kizkiznobite

we have a new one to add to the list  ::)

its hot…fan needs going on….you hot ami? will put fan on for you….Mo you want the fan on? mememedoit…..Bev you want fan on…..mememedoitmyfan….

stopmoaningandjusttellmenumber1,2or3  :ok: cubert

the only problem is the new fan is struggling to cope with a clumber nose hitting it’s buttons at force 10 and he wont switch the thing off….and if we turn it off at the plug he hits the buttons harder…. >:D

😀 😀 clever boy ;D

can we have some more pictures of him ;D

Anonymous

He sounds soooo cute  :-* :-*

kizkiznobite

can say a lot of things about him but cute? mmm….

there is a girlie on heat somewhere me thinks…. ::) if he in he wants out if he out he running up and down the garden sniffing the air with tail high and eyes glazed …..he in GAP mode…..the randy sod…he actually checks where i am …if not in room he goes for Mo’s leg  >:D >:D  got her well and truly in the chair earlier…..she yelling and faffing limbs about saying tell him to put it away by which time he on her head  ::) if i am about he can ‘forget’ about it….could bang both their heads together today  >:D be glad when this stage is over  :canadian:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime