Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Cruciate Ligament

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Cruciate Ligament

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

If the parents hips are good then the odds are in his favour anyway
    Good Luck at the vets let us know how you get on
    Val

[quote author=rona link=topic=12703.msg246297#msg246297 date=1224622560]
    Thanks Val. Mum & dad were hip scored, Alf not been xrayed as neutered boy, no need unless problems. Present problem is around the ligament area as joint was swollen.
    Vets on Thursday and I will go with more knowledge and a lot more questions, thanks to you all
    [/quote]

rona

Trip to vet was a waste of time really, she asked me how he was, how do i know if i can’t exercise him! he seems okish. Anyway he is having xrays tomorrow so we may be able to rule out a few diagnosis

Anonymous

Bl****in vets make sure while they have him under a GA that they do his hips in fact as you want this sorted tell them to do his spine.
    Often limps are nothing to do with legs and any good vet should be able to diagnose SP without an ex-ray if he was standing here I could do it and I am not a vet
    Val

[quote author=rona link=topic=12703.msg247363#msg247363 date=1225121749]
    Trip to vet was a waste of time really, she asked me how he was, how do i know if i can’t exercise him! he seems okish. Anyway he is having xrays tomorrow so we may be able to rule out a few diagnosis
    [/quote]

rona

She’s xraying hips, but only because i said he had always had a funny walking action from behind. I call it his wet knicker walk, both legs swing out as if he’s wet himself but only in slow paces, once he’s in more than a walk he’s fine

rona

Am back from vets, she said it wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be but has still got to be VERY careful. Thinks he has stretched it not torn completely, has recommended hydrotherapy for a few weeks until he can walk properly as he’s getting tubby.
    I rang insurance company (thats another story) . They would only say that they might pay.
    Has anyones insurance refused to pay for hydrotherapy. Mine is Tesco (I know i know! but as I said thats another story)

Anonymous

I’ve never really thought to ask but i think alternative therapies are usually covered if recommended by a vet, but it depends on who you are insured with. I’ll look at my documents and see.  :-\

rona

Thanks Mark. They do cover it but only in certain circumstances and they wouldn’t tell me if he’s covered until claim for todays treatment goes through, that normally takes insurance company 4 weeks! Lot of good to Alf that would be wouldn’t it?!!!!!
    I will go ahead anyway, can’t have my boy suffering any longer than he has to, and hope they pay up

Anonymous

I seem to remember when i looked into this for Cass that some of the hydro pools for pets are not as expensive as you might think. It may be worth Googling a few to see what they charge because if it’s cheap enough you may not need to claim.

yep many hydro pools are not too expensive, but i would think it will be covered.

rona

Have got 2 in my area one at a vet 2mins up the road and the other one at a training center that recommends the use of E collars. I’ll go to the vets even if it more money, can’t support the use of E collars

good on ya we dont like e-collars  :nono:

Lucyr

When I phoned and asked about my insurance covering hydrotherapy they said they would consider in…I think certain words are used to cover them just incase.

However, Odin who had his cruciate done has a few courses of hydro and they paid out with no problems.

rona

Hydrotherapy starts on Thursday, I hope he llikes it.
    I still don’t know if insurance is going to pay, hope they can  let me know soon. It’s £25 for 20 minutes, I can’t afford too many of those. I hope he enjoys it cos he’s not got much else at the moment. I bought him what was supposed to be a tough toy, he wrecked it in 1 hour. I’ve done the stuffed kong can anyone suggest anything else

Anonymous

Free shaping there is loads on the board about how to videos as well

[quote author=rona link=topic=12703.msg248818#msg248818 date=1225645373]
    Hydrotherapy starts on Thursday, I hope he llikes it.
    I still don’t know if insurance is going to pay, hope they can  let me know soon. It’s £25 for 20 minutes, I can’t afford too many of those. I hope he enjoys it cos he’s not got much else at the moment. I bought him what was supposed to be a tough toy, he wrecked it in 1 hour. I’ve done the stuffed kong can anyone suggest anything else
    [/quote]

Sweetypye

Your policy should state whether or not alternative treatments are covered, which and up to what amount…….. most policies these days are on line……………

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime