Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Cyst

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Cyst

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

Willow has a nasty cyst on her tail šŸ™ looked like she had picked up rubbish in her coat and it had knotted. I tried to tease the ‘knot’ out and it burst :vomit: thick creamy white gunk came out with a little speck of blood. Some still in there but the top is well opened think it’s a sebaceous cyst. Any advice? don’t really want to go to the vets, Willow hates them and the cyst seems to be painless as she didn’t object to me handling it and she air snaps if you pull a knot ::)Ā 

Anonymous

Give it a wash out with an antiseptic wash it sounds like a sebaceous cyst sprinkle some antiseptic powder on it the only problem you have is it’s on a tailĀ  :scared:hopefully it will just heal but keep a good watch on it, as the tail doesn’t have a lot of spare skin
    Fingers crossed
    Val

*Lassie*

Thanks Val, will do :yes:
    surprised it came up so quick and she is leaving it alone.

Mudgie

val would you use something to seal itĀ  :-\Ā  like a spray plaster

Poor Willow – Honey has one on her tail, we keeping careful eye on it………..

Anonymous

No just keep it very clean and always dry with luck it should scab.
    They don’t worry dogs thats why she’s leaving it alone if she starts to worry at it then it’s become infected
    Val

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12885.msg247964#msg247964 date=1225314046]
    val would you use something to seal itĀ  :-\Ā  like a spray plaster
    [/quote]

Mudgie

fanx – nooch doesnt have this but always good to know what to do incase it happens – saves posting againĀ  ;D

.dodger.

poor Willow :-* sounds lovely :vomit:
    [quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12885.msg247942#msg247942 date=1225311224]
    I tried to tease the ‘knot’ out and it burst :vomit: thick creamy white gunk came out with a little speck of blood.
    [/quote]

*Lassie*

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=12885.msg247982#msg247982 date=1225315438]
    poor Willow :-* sounds lovely :vomit:
    [quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12885.msg247942#msg247942 date=1225311224]
    I tried to tease the ‘knot’ out and it burst :vomit: thick creamy white gunk came out with a little speck of blood.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

It is large and on the end of her tail šŸ™ but is clear of gunk clean and vet powdered, will bathe and re powder in the morning

*Lassie*

Most if not all the core of the cyst came out tonight when I bathed it, it also bled. It is not as swollen now but looks raw but the skin round it looks pink and normal. Have re powdered it and will check again tomorrow. A friend took her little dog to the vets with a lump last week, it was a sebaceous cyst – one injection and a course of anti-bi’s – Ā£50 šŸ˜®

Ouch, that sounds awful, sounds like you’re doing a great job Jackie, kisses for WillowĀ  :-*

*Lassie*

Am a little bit miffed at the mo šŸ™ Willow’s cyst after 3 days showed no sign of healing, the edges of it were raised like proud skin and it looked very raw and had a damn great hole in the middle :-\
    It was as clean as a whistle but was sore as Tam found out to his cost when he stood on her tail :crazy:
    So off we went to the vet who was impressed at how clean it was but agreed it could do with calming down. She thought it looked more like a wart that had burst than a cyst :-\ and said it could have been there for a while :nono: it wasn’t there a couple of days before.
    We have some Fuciderm gel, it has dried up nicely and is nearly healed but they made a mistake with the bill,Ā  >:( should have been Ā£34 charged me Ā£65 :-X that will take longer to sort out than Willow’s tail :'(

Aly12

That must be some consultation fee – Molly had fuciderm gel for a lump she had on her toe and it was only Ā£7

Anonymous

Lord Lassie I could have done a bit of Witchy Woo and saved you some pennies, it was not a wart it’s a classic hole that you get when the shell comes out as well, even a bit of Manuka Honey would have healed thatĀ  ::)

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12885.msg249090#msg249090 date=1225735502]
    Am a little bit miffed at the mo šŸ™ Willow’s cyst after 3 days showed no sign of healing, the edges of it were raised like proud skin and it looked very raw and had a damn great hole in the middle :-\
    It was as clean as a whistle but was sore as Tam found out to his cost when he stood on her tail :crazy:
    So off we went to the vet who was impressed at how clean it was but agreed it could do with calming down. She thought it looked more like a wart that had burst than a cyst :-\ and said it could have been there for a while :nono: it wasn’t there a couple of days before.
    We have some Fuciderm gel, it has dried up nicely and is nearly healed but they made a mistake with the bill,Ā  >:( should have been Ā£34 charged me Ā£65 :-X that will take longer to sort out than Willow’s tail :'(
    [/quote]

*Lassie*

[quote author=Aly12 link=topic=12885.msg249112#msg249112 date=1225739742]
    That must be some consultation fee – Molly had fuciderm gel for a lump she had on her toe and it was only Ā£7
    [/quote]

consultation fee is Ā£23 ::)

[quote author=Val link=topic=12885.msg249114#msg249114 date=1225740943]
    Lord Lassie I could have done a bit of Witchy Woo and saved you some pennies, it was not a wart it’s a classic hole that you get when the shell comes out as well, even a bit of Manuka Honey would have healed thatĀ  ::)

[/quote]

Wish I had of asked you :embarrass: but was getting worried that she would get an infection šŸ™ and as it is on the very tip of her tail close to bone and not much skin……….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees ā€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime