Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

DCM Update 2/12

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health DCM Update 2/12

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

good luck  🙂 :-*

*Nat*

Any news Sue – how did you and Dex get on?  :-*

Anonymous

Not good news , not what I wanted to hear  🙁

Dexter’s heart is enlarged at the base, where the heart is sort of a curved’ish triangle at the bottom, his is round rather like a semi circle shape, they have done bloods, for liver, kidney, thyroid, will get those results next week, if all of those are okay then he can start the trial.
    The top part of the heart is fine all working well, heart rate and pulse are fine,good gum colour, he is wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours and i have to keep a diary, of what he does, ie walking, barking, playing etc, then I send it back next week, they read it all wait for blood results and see where we go from there really :-\

He looks very dapper in his t-shirt, (to stop the wires getting caught on anything) he was a gentleman she said, he stood still while they shaved him and stuck things on him and did his ultrasound,bless him, he also went through a whole packet of Schmacko’s 😛 😛 I’m sure that will go right through him tonight too 😀
    I’m upset cos I know whats going to happen and there is nothing I can do, but we’ll see what happens next week, and hopefully he’ll have a few more good years left in him yet 🙂

*Nat*

((((hugs)))) Sue  :-*  :-*  :-*

Piper send sloppy kisses to Dexter – she’d love to see him in his t-shirt  ;D  :-*  :-*

xtine

oh Sue  :'( sorry news wasn’t what you wanted to hear

Hope the trial proves to be useful  :-*  :-*

{{{ hugs }}} to you and  :-* to big boy Dex

Anonymous

Sorry to read this but the up side is you know and you and your lad are in the best of hands.
    Feel good about it Jay you are not only helping Dexter but you are helping other dobies
    Val

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=9692.msg184309#msg184309 date=1193944920]
    Not good news , not what I wanted to hear  🙁

Dexter’s heart is enlarged at the base, where the heart is sort of a curved’ish triangle at the bottom, his is round rather like a semi circle shape, they have done bloods, for liver, kidney, thyroid, will get those results next week, if all of those are okay then he can start the trial.
    The top part of the heart is fine all working well, heart rate and pulse are fine,good gum colour, he is wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours and i have to keep a diary, of what he does, ie walking, barking, playing etc, then I send it back next week, they read it all wait for blood results and see where we go from there really :-\

He looks very dapper in his t-shirt, (to stop the wires getting caught on anything) he was a gentleman she said, he stood still while they shaved him and stuck things on him and did his ultrasound,bless him, he also went through a whole packet of Schmacko’s 😛 😛 I’m sure that will go right through him tonight too 😀
    I’m upset cos I know whats going to happen and there is nothing I can do, but we’ll see what happens next week, and hopefully he’ll have a few more good years left in him yet 🙂
    [/quote]

So sorry Sue – this is definately not the news you wanted  🙁 hugs to you and kisses to Dexter  :-*

Anonymous

[quote author=Val link=topic=9692.msg184324#msg184324 date=1193945962]
    Sorry to read this but the up side is you know and you and your lad are in the best of hands.
    Feel good about it Jay you are not only helping Dexter but you are helping other dobies
    Val

[/quote]

you always say the right things Val :-* thanks 🙂

Thanks all :-*

*Lassie*

Sorry its not good news but at least now you know and he will get the best care possible so you can both enjoy life without the what ifs you would have had if you had turned down the trial :-* :-*for Dexter

kizkiznobite

sue – this is hard to say and i will prob balls it up but i am sure you will get the message

when they told me brose had an enlarged heart – when she first fell ill – i was gob smacked – i went into denial – she had had xrays before and it just – well – shocked me – once i got over the shock – i then went into my doG if only i had known – when we lost her to the other problem – i then went into if i had known re her heart would it have made a difference – would i have not worked her so hard etc etc – i then had arguements with myself re – well can’t wrap them in cotton wool and she liked working – yeah but if i had known blah blah – the up or down shot of all that emotion – not sure which  🙂 is that now – yes – i wish i had known – because having that knowledge would have meant i could have assessed her stress levels better – would have taken better care of her heart – would have found a ‘balance’

what you have done is very brave and i respect you enormously for it

hugs to the boyo  :-*

Anonymous

Really sorry to read this  :-* :-*

At least you know now  :-*

Anonymous

Knowledge is power Jay!  😉 ;D  Because you know, Dex will have the best possible care and treatment.  Much better than the ‘if onlys’.  Good on you for being brave enough to get involved rather than stick your head in the sand as so many do. :-*

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9692.msg184429#msg184429 date=1193992148]

what you have done is very brave and i respect you enormously for it

hugs to the boyo  :-*
    [/quote]

[quote author=Rough link=topic=9692.msg184449#msg184449 date=1193998144]
    Good on you for being brave enough to get involved rather than stick your head in the sand as so many do. :-*
    [/quote]

I felt like sticking my head in the sand I can tell you, I was first asked if i wanted to get him tested last year, and I thought about it then forgot about it really, but now maybe if I’d done it then his heart wouldnt be as big as it is now :-\ maybe there wouldnt have been any signs then, we’ll never know.
    I cried all the way home in the car, quite hard when your trying drive ::), think it did me good though, got it out of my system, and now I will do whatever it takes, its hard looking at him knowing what i know, but I’m thinking I wont  change his lifestyle, I wont not let him run and play if he wants to, or chase squirrels and cats (sorry catpeople), hopefully his bloods will be ok , then we can get him on the trial asap, she said 14 days from ultrasound. 

Thankyou Rough & Bev for your kind words, really appreciate them :-*
    thanks everyone for your good wishes :-*

Heres the boy wearing his monitor £2,0000 worth I might add 😮 and the t shirt ;D

[img width=468 height=350]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/jaydex/100_0697.jpg[/img]
    [img width=351 height=468]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/jaydex/100_0698.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

I agree Jay Dexter is not a cotton wool boy so let him do what he always does, do keep posting as others can only learn about this terrible disease but maybe board members and guests may understand how expensive this sort of research is, we do not want to follow America where it’s been reported that 80% of dobies die from this disease.
    The pet passport has at least brought the continent closer and with care the breeders should be able to widen the gene pool there have been some breeders that even when we had quarantine  have brought fresh blood in so as long as folks like Jay have the guts to get testing the future of dobies is not all doom and gloom
    So if anyone lurking has a dobie get into this trust and get testing Jay has all the details
    Val

So sorry to hear this Sue  :-*

Dex is so handsome, i can see he likes his labels  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime