Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Deli Adult Dog Food Meat Select Pouches 8 x 150gm

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Deli Adult Dog Food Meat Select Pouches 8 x 150gm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Prem2Pram

I came across these pouches in pets at home, it’s their own make and no sign of any animal derivatives

Ingredients:

Chicken Breast with Ham: Chicken Breast (Min. 40%), Ham (Min. 12%), Tapioca Starch. Chicken Breast with Beef: Chicken Breast (Min. 42%), Beef (Min. 10%), Tapioca Starch. Chicken Breast with Lamb: Chicken Breast (Min. 40%), Lamb (Min. 10%), Tapioca Starch. Chicken Breast with Liver: Chicken Breast (Min. 40%), Liver (Min. 10%), Tapioca Starch.
    Typical Analysis:

Moisture 83%, Protein 12%, Oils and Fats 1.5%, Fibre 0.5%, Ash 2.5%.

http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-2+dog/category-is-2f+food/category-is-2f03+wet+foods/product-is-21032

Anonymous

Hi,

erm ….

meat 50-60% …. rice pudding 40-50% ?

that sounds odd ?

Claire x

p.s. Tapioca starch – used as a binding agent in paints (yummy)  … in dying clothes (mmm mmm) … glue making … soap … washing powder … dry cell batteries (!!!) … plywood manufacturing … to make paper … (anyone feeling queezy yet) and ……. it yields 95% ethanol for use as fuel !!!

Anonymous

well well well – a bit more digging and you find the wee tins …

supposed to be the same stuff but ……. completely different ingredients ?

Ingredients:

Chicken Breast (Min. 32%), Vegetables (Peas Min. 7%, Carrots Min. 7%), Beef Liver (Min. 12%), White Beans (Min. 7%), Brown Rice (Min. 3.5%), Long Grain Rice (Min. 3.5%), Sunflower Oil, Vitamin & Mineral Supplements.
    Typical Analysis:

Moisture 83%, Protein 10.5%, Oils and Fats 2%, Fibre 1%, Ash 2%, Vitamin A 5,000iu/kg, Vitamin D3 200iu/kg, Vitamin E (as α-tocopherol) 16iu/kg. Copper (as cupric sulphate) 1mg/kg. Vitamin levels guaranteed until best before date printed with batch number on base of can.

isn’t tapioca a pudding?

Anonymous

it can be yes 😉

when mixed with water it forms like a gluey substance – think like gelatin or when you boil rice much too long and it goes all sticky and glue like !

doesnt sound all that great to me (as a pudding or otherwise!)

claire x

no i’m pretty sure i had when i was in hospital once they said it was like rice pudding and it kinda was just a disgusting kind  :canadian:

Anonymous

uuuh yes – congealed overcooked rice is very similar to rice pudding 🙂

no wonder Honey doesnt eat my cooked rice…………….

I love tapioca!!!  My grandma does a rice pudding and a tapioca every sunday (she always has at least 10 of us for dinner!)  we have it with cold milk and sugar on,mmm!  Its like frog spawn!  😀

foxy i think i was just sick  :vomit:

Anonymous

and it doesnt put you off that they use it to make batteries ??????

Of course not, why would it?  Its not as if tapioca is a by product of the batteries?!?!  Its a natural starch, also called cassava, which is a staple food in a lot of the world

Prem2Pram

Well the minpins luved these pouches and it didn’t upset their tums, so it’s ok for them to have as a treat once in a while  :ok:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime