Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dexters spots – again!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Dexters spots – again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Right i really neeed to get to bottom of this – to be honest im thinking of getting a skin scrape done just to be sure, but have just changed insurers and they wont cover for first 14 days sooooo as hes not bothered i thought id get your opinions here first before going that route!!

he had the last bout SO bad he had 2 weeks of antibis and we gave advocate incase of mites etc- all cleared up, and now hes got a few again, they like little pustules then burst then go scabby, but hes also had a couple patches where the skin/bottom of the fur goes a kinda brown colour then the hair falls out and it looks fine not sore and it all grows back – he only had a couple patches like that, and various places on his muzzle look red and sore but not scabby and he not itching too much.

I should say these spots are just on his head muzzle and sometimes on ONE ear never both?

someone said could be flea eggs and to try frontline combo – should i?

diet wise he on chicken wings for break or variousmeats either lamb chicken or chicken and liver – prepacked from pet shop cant mind the make nature something or something like that but the frozen raw blocks, tea is that – plus mixer, and wondering if it the mixer……if i stop the mixer what else should i add, he struggles to keep weight on as it is……i have to admit they not had that much variety lately but am working on that…..could a food allegy just affect his head, when i spoke to izzie we worked out the last big breakout co-incided with him eating some beef jerky…………and i ran out of meat for him all i had was tripe and…..he flared up a bad ear……..and thnking on it he been eating tripe sticks ( ooops they the pups but i know he nabbed some.)

anything i can add to his diet to help? otherwise he fine has had maybe one or two of these spots on his body but ormally concentrated on his head and ear.

Val

You madam have been here before with Honey  :tease: so cut the crap like beef jerky have you checked the mixer you could sub pasta?
    I would try the vinegar malt on his patches and spots and a tablespoon of Cider vinegar down his neck preferably with the mother in it
    Val

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=16328.msg284033#msg284033 date=1328564418]
    Right i really neeed to get to bottom of this – to be honest im thinking of getting a skin scrape done just to be sure, but have just changed insurers and they wont cover for first 14 days sooooo as hes not bothered i thought id get your opinions here first before going that route!!

he had the last bout SO bad he had 2 weeks of antibis and we gave advocate incase of mites etc- all cleared up, and now hes got a few again, they like little pustules then burst then go scabby, but hes also had a couple patches where the skin/bottom of the fur goes a kinda brown colour then the hair falls out and it looks fine not sore and it all grows back – he only had a couple patches like that, and various places on his muzzle look red and sore but not scabby and he not itching too much.

I should say these spots are just on his head muzzle and sometimes on ONE ear never both?

someone said could be flea eggs and to try frontline combo – should i?

diet wise he on chicken wings for break or variousmeats either lamb chicken or chicken and liver – prepacked from pet shop cant mind the make nature something or something like that but the frozen raw blocks, tea is that – plus mixer, and wondering if it the mixer……if i stop the mixer what else should i add, he struggles to keep weight on as it is……i have to admit they not had that much variety lately but am working on that…..could a food allegy just affect his head, when i spoke to izzie we worked out the last big breakout co-incided with him eating some beef jerky…………and i ran out of meat for him all i had was tripe and…..he flared up a bad ear……..and thnking on it he been eating tripe sticks ( ooops they the pups but i know he nabbed some.)

anything i can add to his diet to help? otherwise he fine has had maybe one or two of these spots on his body but ormally concentrated on his head and ear.
    [/quote]

Mudgie

And that’s you told Suz  ;D

Izzie

Poor Dex,

Val what about Suz making a mixer herself? using wheatfree flour?

Val

Yep good idea  ;D

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=16328.msg284041#msg284041 date=1328622414]
    Poor Dex,

Val what about Suz making a mixer herself? using wheatfree flour?
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

suz………………………….
    all those hours???

what bloody mixer are you using?

I can change the mixer for pasta yep – making mixer is out I truly DONT have time……

and to be fair i DIDNT give him the beef jerky – he nicked some while at my friends, am normally real careful but he had it and it gone before i could blink!!

only use the mixer that was always recommended on here so didnt think a problem?

will get the cider vinegar again, havent got any vinegar in actually but will do a trip to the shop friday it will be first chance i have….

what else can i feed dex thats quick ( and before anyone has a moan im doing my best but my time is tight now im back at work ) and will help put some weight on him, ihes not  exactly underweight but hes not exactly carrying as much as maybe he could/should.

I dont have the freezer space here like i used to so i have to make do where poss – means bulk buying etc is out as i have no where to store it, so is difficult for bones etc.

kizkiznobite

hun…either put up or email me the last weeks diet ok?

when exac did he have the adv… ?

what you describe is not in my book anyway food…well he a spnner and spanner and beef is always an yuk area but……not with the breaking off of fur following brown skin…that to me speaks strep or staph reaction…and yep yeast would add to but…..so lets start at the start and rule out diet stuff…ok?

and re scrape…will pm you
    xx

bev – dex not got the yeast that my mates dog 😉

And regards are chat i think your def right it not food!!

will report back in a week or so once ive given everything a go !! thank you!! xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime