Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dilema

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

I am in middle of making a new will – easy peasy – so that evil husband  >:D doesnt get any of my hard earned dosh or my life insurance in case anyfing happens before divorce. but basically to ensure that Jamesy is sorted (he is now threatening to push me down the stairs  :nono:) ;D

So here is the dilema – what do I do about Nooch Pooch.  James adores the Nooch however he doesnt have a clue about training and wouldnt mange to take him to agility or multisport or do any whistle stuff etc.  James just sees him as a snuggle partner.  Then there is Andy – Andy walks him lots but doesnt do anything else with him rather than snuggle him.  I want a pack manager for him.  What do I do?  I have to do what is right for Nooch.  Do I put an age clause on it .i.e. if Nooch is over the age of 8 he can go stay permanent with James or Andy. 

I am not ill and hopefully this wont ever need to be put in place but I dont want to pretend that it doesnt matter cos it does.  ???

.dodger.

ummmm hard one. If anything happened to me i don’t know what i’d do. Dodge loves my family and they love him but they can’t handle or control him.  :-\

*Nick*

Tough tough question. Made me think about our situation. My parents are in their 90’s so they couldn’t handle Sadie, sister wouldn’t want her, J’s mum doesn’t like her……… I think she would have to go back to her breeder.  :confused:  Is that an option for nooch?

Anonymous

I was divorced when my daughter was 2 years old.  We got involved with dogs and showing (more than one as a pet) when she was about 6 years old.  I arranged with a breeder who I got to know very well, that in my will he would take all my dogs and I would leave him my car too as Hannah wasn’t old enough to need it.
    I left my daughter to ‘animally’ friends as my parents would have been too old to have her full time and she wouldn’t have wanted to live the life that her Father lead.
    I changed my will every 5 years or so as circumstances changed.  Once she had been through college and had the sort of life that could accomodate dogs, then it was changed again so that she would take my dogs on – but then she’s got dog common sense and handles them as well if not better than me!
    I think that you have to think what is best for the dog.  If his breeder would just put him in kennels, then I’m not sure that’s in his best interest as he’s not used to that.  Do you have any friends at agility etc who would be prepared in ‘the extremely unlikely but important to be thought about’ circumstances, should they arise? :happy:

Mudgie

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12360.msg239080#msg239080 date=1220450376]
    Tough tough question. Made me think about our situation. My parents are in their 90’s so they couldn’t handle Sadie, sister wouldn’t want her, J’s mum doesn’t like her……… I think she would have to go back to her breeder.  :confused:  Is that an option for nooch?
    [/quote]

Nope – knowing what I know now – and her reaction to Nacho’s gastric torsion  and complete lack of knowlege.

wags

i did have it all planned out before matthew and i split

however now it needs tweeking

Nach can come to me if you like ?
    so long as you can have Oban – my mum would take Cleo and Meg but Oban is a whole diffrent ball game

Mudgie

Rough

I do have friends that are doggie lovers and involved with dogs but well Nacho would be too high maintain for them. He would end up in rescue and that would totally destroy him.   🙁  At the moment I have it noted that he goes to a behaviourist who knows him and then if need be he would be rehomed but ideally I would like him to be with someone who would fulfill all his requirements – he is complex number – well not to me he isnt but he is my stalker boy and doesnt cope very well without me or change so I want to minimise it all – obviously I am not planning on going anywhere but we fortunately dont know what is around the corner.  :pray:

Oban can come to me wagster – complex pooches dont phase me anymore  :-*

kizkiznobite

will just add him to the list then….no probs for the noochpooch xx

Mudgie

Bev – Andy and James wouldnt cope with him would they  :-\  Well they would muddle along but nooch would go to ground wouldnt he  ???

kizkiznobite

irrelevant….in law….so it about legal owner making arrangments….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime