Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Do animals do spite? Discuss….

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip Do animals do spite? Discuss….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

See, I don’t think animals – was more specifically thinking about dogs and cats – ‘do’ human emotions per se – as in they are not spiteful, ‘know they have done wrong’ (according to human rules) etc…. it’s one of the great things about them that they are just open and straightforward and don’t think in that way – to me anyway. But am getting told that I’m wrong and they do, which is confuddling me now…  :-\ Agree or disagree – and why?

No, i dont think they do.  Animals do what works for them, humans add the emotions to it.  So if one dog steals a bone from another, its not spite, its coz it wants it, and the ‘thief’ dog wont feel guilty afterwards.  Spite is a human thing, horrible humans!  Dogs don’t do spite because they have better things to do  😀

kizkiznobite

in a word ….NO

the have one over-riding reason to live and that is survival to hopefully pass on genes…they do not do these sort of emotions in MHO

wags

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12578.msg243059#msg243059 date=1222715591]
    in a word ….NO

the have one over-riding reason to live and that is survival to hopefully pass on genes…they do not do these sort of emotions in MHO
    [/quote]

you aint met Cleo lol

Ok shes an old fart whose far to smart for her own good

*Lassie*

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12578.msg243056#msg243056 date=1222715445]
    No, i dont think they do.  Animals do what works for them, humans add the emotions to it.  So if one dog steals a bone from another, its not spite, its coz it wants it, and the ‘thief’ dog wont feel guilty afterwards.  Spite is a human thing, horrible humans!  Dogs don’t do spite because they have better things to do  😀
    [/quote]

Spite is a human failing and putting human emotions on to pets behaviour is another human failing 😉

GSPmad

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12578.msg243086#msg243086 date=1222718157]
    [quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12578.msg243056#msg243056 date=1222715445]
    [/quote]

Spite is a human failing and putting human emotions on to pets behaviour is another human failing 😉
    [/quote]

That is very well put.  🙂 I like it.

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12578.msg243088#msg243088 date=1222718216]
    [quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12578.msg243086#msg243086 date=1222718157]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

That is very well put.  🙂 I like it.
    [/quote]

yeah thats perfect says it all, people just have to humanise everything! yeah its funny at times but then it starts to get pathetic and over serious.

Hmm, yeah, well philosophized Lassie!  😀

*Lassie*

Thank you :-[
    Just my personal thoughts 😉

lassie i think you summed it up just right for everyone  :yes:

I dont think they do spite or many of the other emotions we assume they do – just suits us to assume they do  😉

*Nick*

Ok, well I’m just gonna go ahead and say you’re all wrong!  Dogs may not do “spite”….but I tell ya right here and now I’ve had cats all my life and every single one of them has been the most spiteful wretched creatures you’d ever want to meet!

Dogs-no

Cats-most assuredly yes!

😉 :canadian:

*Lassie*

Difference being we look after dogs and they are grateful, cats just tolerate us because  they can’t open the cat food tins 😉 ;D

Anonymous

No Nick cats just have the world sussed big time  :ok:

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12578.msg243117#msg243117 date=1222721171]
    Ok, well I’m just gonna go ahead and say you’re all wrong!  Dogs may not do “spite”….but I tell ya right here and now I’ve had cats all my life and every single one of them has been the most spiteful wretched creatures you’d ever want to meet!

Dogs-no

Cats-most assuredly yes!

😉 :canadian:
    [/quote]

*Nick*
    quote :

No Nick cats just have the world sussed big time 

I know Val, I just wish they weren’t so smug about it!

*Lassie*

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12578.msg243133#msg243133 date=1222721883]

quote :

No Nick cats just have the world sussed big time 

I know Val, I just wish they weren’t so smug about it!
    [/quote]

Just think of it this way Nick – men are like dogs, easy to please and train and women are like cats………. ;D >:D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime