Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Do labradors ever …..

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Do labradors ever …..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

have white on them?

There was a lab at the show today, black, though it had white under its chin and down the front of its chest, she ‘claimed’ it was 6 months old and a ped Lab though it looked more like Labxpointer, had more of a pointer face and was taller than I would expect a 6 month Lab pup to look.
    Just wondering because the Judge didnt seem to say anything about it, I know it was only a companion show but if white is not  in the breed standard then why let the dog in the class as they  were running by KC regs as one of the BIS entrants and been beaten in another class and they would not let her compete.

black labs are allowed a little white patch on the chest, im pretty sure thts what the breed standard allows. how much white was on it?

Anonymous

quite a bit really started under the jawline quite a thin line then got bigger as it went down onto the chest prob couple of inches wide, just I’ve never seen one with white on before, still not sure it was 100% lab though :-\

Anonymous

hi,

yep its relatively common in black and choc labs i see for white on paws / chest – its in the KC breed standard though i think flagged as ‘undesirable’.  i have also seen some lab x dalmatian which look like oversize labs with white flashes as you say.

i used to enter my foster collies in ped classes at comp shows and i was never sure any of them were pure collie let alone pedigree ones but was never questioned.  however i’ve also shown under a whippet judge and been allowed to enter Bonnie in lurcher (under 17″) class and no other show has ever accepted her as a lurcher – i think its really subjective !

claire x

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12619.msg243896#msg243896 date=1223225017]
    quite a bit really started under the jawline quite a thin line then got bigger as it went down onto the chest prob couple of inches wide, just I’ve never seen one with white on before, still not sure it was 100% lab though :-\
    [/quote]

that sound too much to be a pure lab. i wouldnt be convinced either. suprised judge didnt question it!

Anonymous

mmmm  never seen any with white paws either :surprise:

just read breed standard and it says of  the coat, there should be no ‘wave’ in the fur, it had a big wavy line of fur right down its back which was much thicker than the rest of its coat too ???
    Maybe it was just because the turnout was so poor that they were letting dogs in to make up the numbers, the weather was awful and they only took £115 from entries, shame really.

kizkiznobite

yep….and yep it happens in ‘pure’ labs sure…check out old posts…will think of the links

Anonymous

hi,

i’ve seen KC reg labs with that much white on and with 3 white socks too !!  (the 3 white socks lives up my road its from what i would call a pet breeder who registers with “ken” affix.)

claire x

Anonymous

would like to see, can you get a piccie next time you see them ;D

Anonymous

first ever picture of labrador

note white feet/muzzle

Anonymous

black pup with white mark

Anonymous

WOW

pure bred mis-mark – enough white for you Sue ?? !!!

now this is one i hadnt seen before !!

claire x

Anonymous
    Anonymous

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12619.msg243919#msg243919 date=1223227169]
    WOW

pure bred mis-mark – enough white for you Sue ?? !!!

now this is one i hadnt seen before !!

claire x
    [/quote]

OMG  I like that…..  those sites are great have never seen anything like those before, Claire you enlightened me 😀

we had whole thread on this somewhere  :help:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime