Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dodgers xrays

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Dodgers xrays

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

dodger went in for his hips and elbows to be scored today. Vet said elbows look fine but the left hip doesn’t look to good 🙁 just have to wait and see how the BVA scores it.

here are the copies

[img width=463 height=468]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/IMG_0002.jpg[/img]

[img width=396 height=468]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/IMG-1.jpg[/img]

Sweetypye

I would not worry about it, I have known plenty of high scoring dogs who have had no symptoms of HD and several low scoring ones (inc 0:0) that moved like cripples and had early onset joint issues.

If the dog is high scoring obviously you would not stud him but then again whether or not he would be used would be down to bitch owners who have plenty of studs to choose from; the GSD world is not exactly short of males with low hip and elbow scores, clear eyes and normal bloods that have done well in the show ring and/or the working scene.

I have never had any of my dogs hip scored apart from my GSD as I had no intention of breeding from them.

It is not always wise to put too much faith in what vets say as at the end of the day their opinion is irrelevant, it is the panel that has the last word!

All you can do is sit back and wait.

Even if he has a high score that should not prevent you doing anything you like with the dog unless of course he shows symptoms.

.dodger.

i never really had any plans to breed from him but when the opportunity came up to get him scored i wanted to do it mainly just to see what they were.

The xrays don’t look as bad as some others i’ve seen but i just really want him to be in good health :yes:

Just sitting and waiting as you say 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime