Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

dog and bitch together

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs dog and bitch together

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Val

I have kept bitches all my life as did my father, an entire bitch is a far better match for any male, they do not take any crap off any male she will also look out for that soft black boy called Loki, as for health I have had twp pyros one in a rescue the other a rough I brought in as a young adult both developed a leaky bladder and one developed mammory cancer, I have only ever lost one dog in single figures to cancer of the throat the rest have never died with any sex organ related problems.
    As for taking the nuts off males the vets give a GA now but in the past and when I was at the quarantine we did it with a local.
    Why not get another male then you will not have the problem? They can both keep their bits
    Lets not beat around the bush what they do to a bitch is a total hysterectomy
    Val

That’s interesting because I thought that we would get the bitch spayed for these reasons:
    1) There seem to be more health benefits to spaying a bitch than neutering a dog (although obviously would be better to do neither)
    2) We would cope better with an entire dog and spayed bitch given the huge number of entire males in our area
    3) can’t imagine getting Loki neutered 

I do realise the surgery is much greater for the bitch… but both ops carry the risk of the GA… Plus other advise I have had (from someone on this board) in the past recommended getting the bitch done 

.dodger.

For dodger i think getting a girl would be better for him….. :-\ although i’m not a 100%…. i think Bev will probably know better than me.

Diesel73
    quote :

Why not get another male then you will not have the problem? They can both keep their bits

I am with you.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime