Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

dog and bone

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

honey had chicken wings for breakfast this morning – she couldnt understand why breakfast didnt come in a bowl!! kept looking at her food bowl for ages afterwards  ::)

Anonymous

Awww bless her :-*

merrow

well ok got the bones outta the frezza we have tried chicken wings and pork ribs and teddy wont touch them even if i play or put them in his bowl or give them to him like i would a treat i just cant think of any ways of conning him in to trying them oh have also torn bits of meat of and e is like eeeeeeee do u no its not cooked and i would like some bbq soause over the ribs please  😀 so any hints in to making him eat the bones lol

xxxx

Anonymous

umm chuck it on the floor and leave him to it?!! lol i wish honey was a little more fussy – doesnt take her even a minute to eat a chicken wing little piggy!  ;D

merrow

lol nope iv tried it as well it just ends up looking sad and hairy lol its hard enoughgiving teddy sumthink with out norman try to eat it as well well never mind only wanted it to help keep his theeth clean but the burns has made a good improvement on its own so i will use the ribs on the bbq if we get any sun lol

xxxxx

cjane

Went to butchers today, no chicken wings or necks.  He offered a knuckle bone, but it looked too big for Tai, especially for his first bone.  I asked if he’d anything smaller, he rumaged in a box and said nope.  In the box was what I thought were ribs, ‘what about those?’ I asked, he said they’d be no good for a dog, they’d splinter.  Was he right?

I’d like to get Tai something to chew, his baby teeth are coming out, he’s chewing a lots of sticks and bark when we go out, but all I have are rubber/plastic toys.  I haven’t a clue about bones, apart from what I’ve read on here and other sites, ie to ask for chicken wings, necks, ribs, but not sure what I’m getting. 

CJ

kizkiznobite

there is sooo much info on here re bones – there is even a sticky – aint know way i am typing it all again ;D RAW BONES DONT SPLINTER – now everyone repeat after me…….. :-*

young

The bones i get from my bucher are mainly ribs  🙂

kizkiznobite

oppps – this is the sticky haha – sorry – at a clients – too many pims – god knows how i am going to get home if at all – sorry

start him with chicken wings – plain chicken wings – from tesco or somewhere like that

cjane

Okay, off to Tesco right now!

CJ

xtine

is that with skin and all on?

straight out of the packet…. so to speak?

Anonymous

freeze them first then yup  feed as they come!!  ;D

xtine

fantastic…. going to give it a whirl then!

My butcher gave me a beef bone… not sure if that’s too big for him at almost 16 weeks?

I know he’s going to go crazy for the chicken!!

xtine

>:(

no wings in Tesco…. OH went to nearest butcher who said NO to wings cause they’d splinter and showed him by chopping one up. OH now put off…me confused.

He had no necks or ribs either.

I’m going to give the beef bone later and watch him carefully.

[quote author=xtine link=topic=3409.msg64013#msg64013 date=1155820470]
    >:(
    no wings in Tesco…. OH went to nearest butcher who said NO to wings cause they’d splinter and showed him by chopping one up. OH now put off…me confused.
    [/quote]

They wont! Just tell them wot u want, u dont need to say its for the dog!  It’s so annoying when people try and tell you these kind of thing as if you dont know what you’re talking about.  They know nothing!  >:(

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime