Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog Borstal

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

lol!!!

i never trust them 100% not other peoples dogs – my boss got bit really badly the other week by a dog who up to now has been totally reliable!!! gotta watch them all the timeĀ  šŸ˜‰Ā  ;D

BigDogLover

Isnt that the trainer that threw water over the yorkies in the last series?

Recently, I bought the ‘Doglopedia’ book, it advises in there to express dominance over your dog physically from day one to prevent future behavioural problems. One by lifting its front half off the floor and holding it there, second by pinning it to the floor! I couldnt believe it, does this stuff actually benefit the dogs in any way? Isnt there other way to assert yourself as boss?

kizkiznobite

that is very outdated – we know better nowadays – it isnt about being a bossy boss – it is about being a calm and thinking pack manager that the dog has trust and faith in and knows is going to be protected whatever the situation – as in a good dog pack manager like my brose – she is not bolshy and fight orientated – she is a thinker and only uses her strength if needed the rest of the time she uses her head to work through things logically because the others trust her they follow her lead – if you want any of my stuff you are welcome – just email me

Anonymous

. . . mmmm brings back memories of a recent discussion . . .

i actually saw someone admit they were doing this on another forum with GSD’s of all things.Ā  i tried to point out that we know better but gave up in the end – head brick wall etc ….

Claire.

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3518.msg44717#msg44717 date=1149619082]
    that is very outdated – we know better nowadays – it isnt about being a bossy boss – it is about being a calm and thinking pack manager that the dog has trust and faith in and knows is going to be protected whatever the situation – as in a good dog pack manager like my brose – she is not bolshy and fight orientated – she is a thinker and only uses her strength if needed the rest of the time she uses her head to work through things logically because the others trust her they follow her lead – if you want any of my stuff you are welcome – just email me
    [/quote]

a bit like Cleo – although shes can be very incosistant – some days shes cool calm colective and incontrol and others shes stroppy and bolshy

BigDogLover

Thanks for the info KizĀ  šŸ™‚

Katherine x

kizkiznobite

u welcome

kizkiznobite

well brose is on heat and she a right grump bag at the moment ;D she has period pain so she tells me ::)

Anonymous

awww poor hunny – tell her i can sooo sympathise sometimesĀ  :-*Ā  :-*Ā  and she needs junk food and to be left alone heheĀ  šŸ˜€

Anonymous

Awwww poor hunny, molly knows how she feel :-*

Anonymous

That’s called hormones šŸ˜‰

[quote author=waggi link=topic=3518.msg44855#msg44855 date=1149628222]

[/quote]

a bit like Cleo – although shes can be very incosistant – some days shes cool calm colective and incontrol and others shes stroppy and bolshy
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

yeah – and we now at the howling at the door stage and falkor is next to useless cos he too hot to be botheredĀ  ;D and ami is well pushing her luck – brose had a real go at her tonight ::)

Anonymous

Awwww :-* poor Brose!!

Anonymous

She might bring Ami into season ;D ;D ;D

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3518.msg45424#msg45424 date=1149713916]
    yeah – and we now at the howling at the door stage and falkor is next to useless cos he too hot to be botheredĀ  ;D and ami is well pushing her luck – brose had a real go at her tonight ::)
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

val – please dont even go there – hollie come on today though – ami not swelling so hope not

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees ā€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime