Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog Groomers Insurance

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? Dog Groomers Insurance

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

not even Val can strip twenty dogs in an hour – shes good but shes not got superhuman hands  ;DIm about same sort of time as Val – probably l spend longer though as am mobile so have to figure in setting up time etc. But as an example I do two westies, small wellbehaved dogs – one clip one strip every six weeks – done in two and half hours. You will get faster – but not point ‘cutting’ corners’ because you wont get the repeat business.I think if you set yourself a time limit of two hors roughly per dog – depending on size etc then you will be halfway there, then gradually speed up a wee bit more  :)Val Mandy is working from home so I guess no rent as such……..Many also you wont do 8 dogs a day for a while – aim for four that should keep you fairly solvent if your prices are right. It IS possible to do 8 a day – if you get the mix right then sometimes even more, And yes feel free to send/post some pics here or by pm if you want any help  :)Oh and routine helps – whats your routine for grooming a westie? what sort of dryers are you using?

8 dogs is about the norm isn’t it? My groomer friend does 10-12 per day, depending on breed/size etc.

We went through pet business insurance for our dog walking business, they were very good  🙂

On her own – no help – id say 12 is pushing it. I could do ten with some baths and im not slow…………

says she whos doing nine tomorrow 😀  😀  😀 I wont get home till LATE though!

Anonymous

Cor I wish 20 an hour  ;D This is something that can’t be done on the net we have managed to do all sorts of things on line but how to groom Nar
    A clip off is the fastest, bath and crispy dry the dog once your clipper is on the dog you want long cuts ie; from the back of the head straight to the tail stop on rump then I go down either side of the neck and under the chin then follow the shape of the dog I personally stop short of the blend line as I blend in with thinners ( Can’t bear hoover westies) do the feet thin the legs and body line blend body to skirt thin the tail stick out my hand for the money oh book next appointment
    Where do you live was you the Norfolk lady got a head that leaks info
    Val

[quote author=mandy4cats link=topic=12186.msg235312#msg235312 date=1218131842]
    How do I stop myself dying? Sorry I got my previous message wrong you strip 20 in an hour?? Please tell me how? I need some help.
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Ar I read setting up salon as opening a shop sorry but whatever a living has to be made  ;D at least if you are on your own at home you can build it up.
    How many westies did you get your hands on when you were doing your course?

You can post as many pics as you want of dogs you are doing it’s easier to point you in the right direction with a picture.
    What book do you have on grooming shapes ? did you get any flyers on your course?
    Val

nice big pictures too please – eh Val  ;D

Anonymous

What like the ones you send me for hair inspection, every hair full screen  ;D

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12186.msg235336#msg235336 date=1218134381]
    nice big pictures too please – eh Val  ;D
    [/quote]

yep like those ones exactly!! Will have some more for you on saturday evening  ;D

Anonymous

I will await them filling up my screen  ;D

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12186.msg235349#msg235349 date=1218137629]
    yep like those ones exactly!! Will have some more for you on saturday evening  ;D
    [/quote]

lol  ;D they will be airedale photos – better groom this time – promise  ;D my practice run  😮 😮

Anonymous

also Mandy these ppl are doing a seminar in november and offering leased space / complete set ups.  there are lots of reviews saying their dryer lets ppl do more dogs in a day too.

http://www.dezynadog.co.uk

claire x

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime