Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog needs new home

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Dog needs new home

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    amarsh

I am a support worker in North Devon. i have a client that recently acquired a young Rottweiller. Unfortunately due to recently having a baby, they find that they cannot keep both baby and dog.

Can anyone put me in touch with either a local Rottweiler centre/club or how would my clients go about advertising this dog for sale.

Many thanx for anticipated help.

Alan

Anonymous

Then they should give it back to the breeder they brought it from and not try to make money by selling it on, why do they find they cannot keep it and the baby!

Izzie

In the first instance the breeder should be contacted if not then go via the rescue route.

Anonymous

We don’t know if they got it from a breeder. Not 100% sure but you could try contacting the South Western Rottweiler Association & asking thier advice. http://www.southwesternrottweiler.com

http://www.southwesternrottweiler.com/%5Ccommittee%5Ccommittee.html

Anonymous

Hi,

bless you for trying to help in what must be a difficult situation. 

how did the owner come by the dog ?

I would try ZRR first.

Claire.

Mudgie

piglet you do realise that they are rehoming a dog  ???  and you are giving positive advice and not on soap box about how you managed situations with your son and dogs etc etc………….  well things may be black and white but they certainly arent consistent…….

wonders never cease

Hope they manage to find a good home for doggie

Anonymous

hi,

i hope they do too – as a support worker presumably they dont actually have to provide this service but they’ve taken their own time to find somewhere suitable to ask etc …

http://www.zepthedep.com/  is the website for Zepthedep Rottie Rescue, if they cant help personally I am sure they will have lots of very good advice.

I dont agree with what the *owner* is doing – you know it annoys the h*ll out of me – but fair play to the support worker for trying to get the dog somewhere good.

To answer the last part – I wouldnt put the dog “up for sale” anywhere it would be far better for the dog that in the event it cannot be returned to the breeder or rescue from which it came, would be to get it in somewhere like ZRR or somewhere else good with the breed.  There is a far better chance of the dog having a good life from here on in.

Claire.

amarsh

Hi

To those of you who have given me practical advice and kind supportive words, i thank you very much indeed.

To those who chose to reply with a moral high ground responses, you indeed do not know all of the facts.

As a dog owner most of my life, i would not advocate the selling of any dog. However i do not work with people to judge them.

My sole aim in this matter, is to try and help my clients find a good home for this dog.

Many thanx
    Alan

kizkiznobite

soooo…regardless of all that…home sorted ?

WinB

When I first read your post I thought it was going to be a joke…I was waiting for punchline..Anyone want to buy a baby…

We took on a GSD rescue dog for the same reason, the couple had a baby…she(The Dog) was loving to  the baby but because she was a large dog the wife was afraid, but I was told after that she couldn’t  handle the dog and the baby….sad really …Dog died 5.5 years ago but we still miss her.

Good luck with finding  home

Bilclarie

Well I’ve had 3 children and lot’s of puppy’s over the years and I know given the choice which one I would rehome :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Anonymous

hi,

sadly it isnt a joke, many people each year find themselves unable to cope with the demands of having a baby and a dog.  having been through it myself i can say it is totally all consuming and even with a huge support network and enough money to pay for dogwalkers, babysitters etc …. it can be really mega tough.

I think many of these situations could be prevented / avoided by educating the owners during pregnancy alongside good training classes for less “obvious” things like ‘how do i get 2 dogs that wont even walk on a lead without dragging me down the street to walk nicely and so that i can push a buggy with a tiny baby in it and navigate to the park and back again without some major disaster or other’ (from own experience!!) yes. in the end sometimes it may not make a difference but increasing your knowledge about and confidence with the dog will sure help alot 🙂

Claire x

p.s. did you get a home for her ??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime