Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog shot.

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Dog shot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

Picture is a little more graphic than the BBC’s usual – just to warn… don’t know how squeamish people are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7708960.stm

GSPmad

Though having said that, there are much worse fates.  :-\

*Lassie*

Sounds like the owner could have done it 🙁
    Lack of money, may have needed vet treatment, may have lost their home or just not wanted the dog any more ???
    Shot at close range, I would say someone desperate but didn’t want the dog to suffer.

Anonymous

hi,

what an appalling picture – have they no respect.

rest easy lovely pointey-nose

claire.

that is awful, how on earth can anyone do that. i dont care if there were ‘reasons’ we all have troubles now and again, it doesnt mean we shoot our dogs!! there are many other alternatives  >:( :'(
    [quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12974.msg249579#msg249579 date=1225922596]
    Sounds like the owner could have done it 🙁
    Lack of money, may have needed vet treatment, may have lost their home or just not wanted the dog any more ???
    Shot at close range, I would say someone desperate but didn’t want the dog to suffer.
    [/quote]

poor dog :'(
    run free little pointy nose

Sweetypye

SHooting animals used to be the norm and in some cases still is in vet remote areas.

It is quick and I have nothing against it.

Euthanasia by a vet costs money, a shotgun cartridge costs about 12p

For those who are outraged perhaps it is worth considering how our meat arrives at our table……… :ok:

GSPmad

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12974.msg249625#msg249625 date=1225961354]
    SHooting animals used to be the norm and in some cases still is in vet remote areas.

It is quick and I have nothing against it.

Euthanasia by a vet costs money, a shotgun cartridge costs about 12p

For those who are outraged perhaps it is worth considering how our meat arrives at our table……… :ok:
    [/quote]

i agree re the shooting, that was why i then said – though there are much worse fates – but have they tried rescue – and why dump the body if they were concerned? i just wonder in this case if they actually did what was best for the dog and there might have been a better option….

but yes – if done properly it is just as humane as taking them to the vets – perhaps more, as they don’t have to have the stress of going to the vets, and instead get a nice walk with the owner and know nothing about what happens.  🙂  :agree:

*Lassie*

though there are much worse fates – but have they tried rescue – and why dump the body if they were concerned?

Think about it 😉 most rescues are now full to bursting with the credit crunch, people losing jobs and homes. As for the body, may not have had anywhere to bury it at home and too upset to bury it afterwards. The dog was shot at point blank range in the head – someone wanted a clean quick job not the dog to suffer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime