Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog Trainer Fined for Yanking Puppy by Throat…..

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Dog Trainer Fined for Yanking Puppy by Throat…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Izzie
    .dodger.

>:( >:( >:( >:( that’s awful! he should have gotten a lot worse than that  :order:

doesnt matter if only front legs were off ground or not – is not god enough  :nono: Poor puppy see enough badly behaved shar peis without a DOG TRAINER ruining one  :boooo:

Anonymous

Nothing surprises me. The trainer i removed Cass from used to bully people’s dogs all the time, she also told whopping great lies to make herself look good & used to pretend she had been running dog  training classes for over 30 years (which would have made her about 12 when she started!).

On one occasion she pinched Cass so hard that she wet herself & she told another man in front of a whole class to bite his dogs face because it nipped him. That’s really professional behaviour from a so called trainer innit? She also advocated pinch collars, head restraints & pinning people’s dogs down to bully them into submission.

rona

I know a trainer like that, pinch collars, electric collars on puppies and seen him kick a dog. Is there anywhere that we can report them? Kennel club doesn’t seem to be able to do anything! RSPCA not interested unless I have positive proof. How I’m supposed to do that I don’t know. (I won’t go near the guy)
    I thought they were supposed to investigate things like this!

>:( >:(
    what a terrible guy. as far as i am concerned there is abosolutly NO reason to use a choke chain, especially on a puppy. We teach the owners and dogs in our classes how to walk on a loose lead, we use treats, clickers, changing direction etc and it works. It may take a bit of time and practice but I know which I prefer!! and im sure the dogs prefer it to!!
    As far as reporting him goes, unless he is a member of APDT or a simular organisation I not sure he can be??

Misty23

Absolutely disgusting and no need for this at all,

rona

I didn’t mean choke chains, I mean pinch collars. Apparently there is one that is legal in this country. So the RSPCA told me

Thats ridiculous!  How badly can a 5month old pup have scared him to think he was going to be bitten that bad?  ::)  He obviously knows f all about dogs or training  >:( >:( >:(

Anonymous

plus – the one i saw at 6mths was teeny …

i assume the scar is from where they had to open the dog up ???  i didnt think choke chains scarred like that – and i shant even start about the bloody trainers round here !!!

calm canines is the only one i reccommend to anyone round here for basic training (there is a couple of others for agility)

claire x

kizkiznobite

the scar is post operation…

we are such a badbadbad lot….sorry..just get a bit fed up at times of defending the prof.

calm canines is the only one i reccommend to anyone round here for basic training (there is a couple of others for agility)

claire x
    [/quote]

:yes: 😉 ;D

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12749.msg246126#msg246126 date=1224523363]

we are such a badbadbad lot….sorry..just get a bit fed up at times of defending the prof.

[/quote]

Trouble is Bev, one person can give the rest of us a bad name – sure Val sees it too – we hear the horro stories concerning groomings killing dogs and it can make the rest of us seem awful too – even if its untrue……

Izzie

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12749.msg246162#msg246162 date=1224532670]
    [quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12749.msg246126#msg246126 date=1224523363]

[/quote]

Trouble is Bev, one person can give the rest of us a bad name – sure Val sees it too – we hear the horro stories concerning groomings killing dogs and it can make the rest of us seem awful too – even if its untrue……
    [/quote]

The trouble is, no matter what prof you are in, no matter how good you are, etc there is always at least one idiot that will ruin it for the everyone else.

vinya12

Poor puppy. Far to young for a check collar. Its so sad, the puppy must have been so confused as to why it was being hurt. ??? I think dog trainers need to get some experience with every breed before training. I myself have seen trainers overreact to a breed they are unformiliar with. The man should have been forced to take a training cores

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime