Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog walkers in Northamptonshire?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Walking Groups Dog walkers in Northamptonshire?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Justine&Rafe

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the area and have a 10 month old flat-coated retriever.  He’s rediculously friendly, exuberant, and adores other dogs and people.  I’m trying to find a dog walking group, as at the moment it’s just me and him attempting to find places to go!

I’m located in Flore, just off junction 16 of the M1, and would love to find if there are any dog walking groups in the area.  If anyone knows of said groups, or would be interested in coming on some walks, please send me an email to xxpsychexx@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot!

kizkiznobite

hi and welcome to another gunner

claire and i meet up for walks time allowing near there – another gunner will be more than welcome 🙂

if you want to come meet me and my lot locally then we can arrange to meet at where i do my outdoor training and fun stuff at brownsover wildlife park – we there most days at some point sometimes 2 or 3 times  🙂

Justine&Rafe

Hi …kizkiznobite!

That’s not far from where my boss’s son goes to school; Bilton Grange.  And I do the occasional school run, so am fairly frequently in that area.

I’d love to meet up for a walk (or an attempt at training – he’s sooooo obedient except when we meet new dogs, when he’ll refuse to even sit for me…Practise practise practise, eh!).

Obviously we’re in the hols at the moment, but come term time I could easily come for an hour or longer up to about 5.45pm.  Would that work?

Thanks!!

kizkiznobite

hi – yeah sure no probs pm me anytime you planning coming over  🙂

Tracey

Rusty and Pippin would love to come to Brownsover again, please invite us too 🙂 ;D ;D

travis

Hello and welcome 🙂

You have picked the right person to meet up with if you need help with training 😉

Justine&Rafe

Oh great!  Yes, if anyone else wants to come along Rafe (and I) would love it!  He’ll probably be rather excited.  Stand by for some date after 16th March as this is when the lad I look after goes back to school. 

If we enjoy it, perhaps we can set up a regular thing!!  I’m getting ahead of myself here…..

Can’t wait til then!

Anonymous

Hi,

We would love to meet you too ! 

Claire x

Anonymous

coooooeeeeeyyyyyyy

i feel a dog walk coming on ….

happy to come to brownsover 🙂  … wherever it is lol !!

Claire x

Anonymous

*bump*

shall we organise one soon now we have a few more members 🙂

Claire x

Justine&Rafe

I’m soooooo sorry, dog walking was off over the summer hols (as I didn’t head up to rugby then) and now would LOVE to come walkies, but Rafe has been diagnosed as “probably” having kennel cough.  So he’s stuck in quarantine stylee and hating me for it.

Apparently it can remain contaious for up to 3 months, so I’m a no no for over winter. 

Gutted.

try 3 weeks  🙂 not three months – he cant stay cooped up for three months  😀

just editing my spelling  :embarrass:

[quote author=xxpsychexx link=topic=10818.msg251321#msg251321 date=1226594869]
    I’m soooooo sorry, dog walking was off over the summer hols (as I didn’t head up to rugby then) and now would LOVE to come walkies, but Rafe has been diagnosed as “probably” having kennel cough.  So he’s stuck in quarantine stylee and hating me for it.

Apparently it can remain contaious for up to 3 months, so I’m a no no for over winter. 

Gutted.
    [/quote]
    :surprise: 3 months! who told u that  ::)

Justine&Rafe

You’re right, I can’t keep him cooped up for 3 months because we’ll both go insane.  But that’s the warning from various vets-on-the-web type websites.  I think I’m going to take the advice from BASC which is to keep him in just while he’s actively coughing.

But in the following few weeks I think I’d be better just keeping his contact with other dogs limited to the occasional sniff on a walk, rather than actively go out to meet new dogs.

Booo.

No you keep him in for roughly 21 days – many dogs stop coughing after just a couple days – yet will still be contagious – the websites are……well rubbish – 3 WEEKS not MONTHS  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime