Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dogs in Cars

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Sweetypye

Just a note, the AWA is NOT applicable to ordinary pet owners transporting their pets.

It applies SOLELY to those who are moving animals as part of a commerciaL activity, so please read the WHOLE act THOROUGHLY………………….

There is so much scaremongering about by those who do not read and interpret legislation correctly.

I have a piece I wrote for my Breed Club which I will find and attach.

Sweetypye

Found it!  I believe this is what may be being referred to?

EU welfare in transport regulation

There has been a lot of anxiety and discussion and misinformation with regard to the above.

On 5 January 2007, a Regulation on the protection of animals during transport came into force across the European Union (EU), with some elements coming into force in 2008 & 2009. 

These regulations make reference to which animals may not be transported, fitness for travel, rest periods, length of journey (in both hours and distance), containment, training and licensing requirements etc.

The Regulation applies to all those involved with the transport of live vertebrate animals in connection with an economic activity. For example commercial pet breeders,  dog racing, those taking part in filming e.g. advertisements which involve financial gain.

The Regulation does NOT apply to the transport of pet animals by their owners to and from events such as shows, (even when they win minor cash prizes).

Hobby breeders are also excluded where their income source does not exceed the expenses of the hobby.  The same should apply for example if you use your dogs to pick up at a shoot.

Neither does it apply to the transport of animals to or from veterinary practices; where the animal is an individual animal accompanied by its owner (or other responsible person) and is fit for journey; or where the animal is an individual animal accompanied by its owner (or other responsible person) and is fit for journey; or where animals are pets accompanied by their owner on a private journey.

So you may take your dog to competitions, shoots, shows, the vets and even on holiday provided that any income does not exceed your expenses without worrying about this regulation; of course this does not exempt you from any other animal welfare laws.

waggietail

:what:
    Emm, wow that was a lot to take in…
    Thanks

Cassie

*Lassie*

Can anyone translate what this guy is saying?

http://www.adac.de/adactv/test_technik/Tiertransporte

Safest idea……….don’t take the dog out in a car 😮

Anonymous

Think it’s German Lassie

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12621.msg245397#msg245397 date=1224099411]

[/quote]

Mudgie

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12621.msg245397#msg245397 date=1224099411]

[/quote]

Please try following: 

Use home in order to find the desired information.  Use search function in order to find the desired location.  Use the survey for the navigation. 

In questions or further problems with our web page, you turn please to our webmaster or per telephone at 01805-101112 (14 cents/min. out of the cable network of the Dt.  Telecom; where appropriate deviating prices out of mobile phone networks). 

Thank you very much and have fun in your virtual club center.  Your ADAC of Online team

Lisa33

I don’t like the idea of the dog being free in the car, back seat or boot.  I wouldn’t allow my children to sit freely in the car for their own safety and others so, the same rule applys to the dogs. 

On another note, a friend of ours has a land rover defender pick up and he used to put the dogs in the back and they knew to sit still while driving.  One day for some unknown reason to him he tied the dog into the truck which he never normally did, he was driving round country lanes until someone got him to stop.  He’s not sure if the dog had jumped but it had been dragged for gods knows how far and had completely and literally ran it’s feet off :scared:  The poor thing was in a terrible state and sadly had to be put down :'(  the friend was beside themselves as they had never tied them in until that day!……..food for thought?
    I don’t know :-\

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime