Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

dogs wellcome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

when i was looking for  holiday for me and my dobermann i looked in the dogs  wellcome book and a lot of them said small to medum  dogs only  any one know why  as  dogs come in al l  shapes and sizes i think it is very unfair to owners of med to large dogs  like me  i would like to say if you have a holiday home  to hire and say in your advert  dogs wel lcome  it should be any dog  deed not breed  you might even get more bookings  and  owners like me  would have more to choose from and you will meet a lot more dogs
    y

y
    o all

Izzie

Ali put a brill link up

http://www.dogpeople.co.uk

Atleast there you get to see what is and what isnt welcome.
    Unfortunately the irresponsible dog owners give the rest of us a bad name  🙁

Anonymous

but Great Danes Mastiffs Leonbergers St Bernards are LARGE dogs arent they?
    Some class Dobes as large some dont ::)

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=13785.msg261682#msg261682 date=1235853221]
    [/quote]

I think they would class them as Giant – i dont think dobermans are large – but from a work point of view i do charge them out as large……..

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13785.msg261684#msg261684 date=1235853344]
    [quote author=jaydex link=topic=13785.msg261682#msg261682 date=1235853221]
    [/quote]

I think they would class them as Giant – i dont think dobermans are large – but from a work point of view i do charge them out as large……..
    [/quote]

Why would anyone need a Dobie groomed ??? quick wipe with a damp cloth :whistle:

lol you would be suprised……..often older dogs whos owners cant bath them – that and we tend to make a lot less mess and a far quicker job of it  😉

Val

I do a lot of shorthaired dogs including dobies and weims labs mainly in the spring as the sea salt does dull the coat, I even do a pair of shorthaired Chi’s only because if the owner does the bathing they scream their heads off and are little angels for me  ;D
    Val

kizkiznobite

reminds me of the posh hotel mo checked us into for my birthday…do you take dogs? that depends modam, what kind? spaniels said mo…oh yes modom we love spaniels, thats nice said mo with have 5, look forward to meeting you all modom…should have seen his face when 200k of white furr and slobber checked in with us  😀 😀

Val

A friend has gone to Crufts and booked into a Travellodge she asked for a ground floor room because her knees are dodgy and it’s hard getting five dogs in there lifts lucky she did as they have put this £20 charge per dog on she walked one in and paided and the other four came in via the window and left the same way in the morning
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13785.msg262237#msg262237 date=1236521996]
    reminds me of the posh hotel mo checked us into for my birthday…do you take dogs? that depends modam, what kind? spaniels said mo…oh yes modom we love spaniels, thats nice said mo with have 5, look forward to meeting you all modom…should have seen his face when 200k of white furr and slobber checked in with us  😀 😀
    [/quote]

Justine&Rafe

That’s brilliant!!  Doggy subterfuge!

Good on ’em!

yeh – i think there was a post about it while you were away Val 🙁

pure money making !!!  >:(

we’ve been to some lovely places with our two – my advice would be to find a local agent who has a few properties and arrange to pop in and see them with your dogs if you can 🙂  worked for me … we are re-booked this year into a gorgeous cottage which apparently only allows ‘one small well behaved dog by prior arrangement with owners only’ infact i would call william and bonnie definately on the medium side of small and definately not only one dog 🙂  amazing what a little visit does !!

claire x

xtine

[quote author=Val link=topic=13785.msg262239#msg262239 date=1236522520]
    A friend has gone to Crufts and booked into a Travellodge she asked for a ground floor room because her knees are dodgy and it’s hard getting five dogs in there lifts lucky she did as they have put this £20 charge per dog on she walked one in and paided and the other four came in via the window and left the same way in the morning
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13785.msg262237#msg262237 date=1236521996]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    😀  😀 love it.. great plan.. and love the ‘modam’  ;D bet their faces were a picture  ;D

Val

I personally hate Travelodges but one year we had to get to Crufts a day early because a friends daughter had qualified her beardie for the agility and we could only get the extra night at a Travelodge.
    We had five dogs so one walked in when we signed in while we were busy signing in we sneeked the other four into the lift.
    When they needed a night time pee we got all five into the lift my friend went and engaged the receptionist in a chat about hairdryers I took them all out and back while this long chat was had about righthanded hairdryers (the one in the room was on a short cord on the wall  you guessed it the right hand side).
    In the morning one at a time we took a small bag and one dog at a time plonked the dogs in the car rushed past the reception until all five were in the car they were all beardies and the poor girl must of thought we were very weak taking one little bag at a time out to the car.
    So we got five dogs for a tenner that night.
    We had booked a room at Holiday Express for the next night we always use them if we can no charge for the dogs and they don’t mind how many have stayed in them all over the country and Ireland you just have to check they take dogs most do they are far cleaner and offer a great service
    Val

aww would that have been Kass and Emma ?  i’ve got a piccy of them competing at crufts !!

**Woofums**

We (me & the Dogs) are off to Cornwall tomorrow.
    Modern well equipped holiday cottage/chalet 2 bedrooms, sleeps 4, £20 per night & as many Dogs as you like.
    It’s bliss, owner has flatcoats & Collies & is into working trials, there’s a farm track for early Morning/late night walkies & the beaches are all quiet at this time of the year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime