Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dorwest herbs -Glucosamine & Chondrotin Sulphate

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Dorwest herbs -Glucosamine & Chondrotin Sulphate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sony

Hiya All
    Sorry I haven’t been on this board for quite some while!  ::)
    Just want to bend your ears about Dorwest Herbs Glucosamine HCL 400mg & Chondrotin Sulphate (marine) 200mg.
    My vet suggested I should put Rio on these tablets as poor old girl ia now past her prime & is getting a bit creaky in her old age.
    My question is is there anything on the market that has the same potency but is a little bit cheaper to buy than the Dorwest brand. I know many of you use the human tabs. But I wouldn’t know how much doseage I should be giving her! She has been taking the Dorwest range for about 6 months.
    Thanks Liz

*Nat*

Hi, welcome back  ;D

Not sure how much Dorwest herbs is but I have Sky on the following – http://www.poochandmutt.com/mobilebones/

It’s £9.99 a packet which will last Sky about a month. If you buy more packs it works out cheaper. It’s easy to feed, just sprinkle it over their food so no worrying about getting tablets down them  🙂 I’ve had Sky on it for a few weeks now, hoping it’ll help her Luxating Patella  🙂

sony

Hi Nat
    Thanks for that link -haven’t found that website in my search! Will have a look at it -looks very informative.    🙂

*Nat*

If you have any queries, just email them, they are very helpful  :ok:

Val

This is where I get my pills and the dogs fast service
    http://www.healthspan.co.uk/pet-health/

Sweetypye

I use Healthspan too, incredibly good service, value and quality.

I was at a health seminar the other weekend and the guy from lintbells said the recommended dose of glucosamine (preferably HCL not KCL) is 500mg per 25kg,remember you cannot really OD on it.

I give my dogs Chondromax which is glucosamine and chondroitin mixed and is probably the best combo on the market.

Val

This is also what I give my girls and the thirteen year old is still doing the miles that the six year old beardie does, and my eleven year old Peke is running in a pack with ages from 10 mths to eleven years
    This company is by far the best they even sent me a reminder if my stock is getting low and as SP said really good value
    Val

I give my dogs Chondromax which is glucosamine and chondroitin mixed and is probably the best combo on the market.

sony

Hi again
    I’ve been on the Healthspan website looking at Chondromax but can’t see the recommended intake for a 35kg dog . If I have to give her 3 tablets a day it would work out even more expensive than the Dorwest ones she is having now. Thanks for your input.

Sweetypye

You will not see a recommended dose for a dog as these supplements are designed for humans!

I use them because it means both my dogs and myself can take the same things.

As each tablet of Chondromax contains 500mg of Glucosamine HCI and 400mg of Chondroitin, one tablet per day would be enough for a 25kg dog. For a 35kg dog you would have to give 1 and a half tablets!

sony

Thanks for all your help.  🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime