Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dutch To Lift Ban On Pitt Bull’s.

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Dutch To Lift Ban On Pitt Bull’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This could be very interesting. It has been announced that the Dutch Government are to lift the ban on Pitt Bull’s as it does not believe the ban has made any significant difference to the incidence of bites by banned breeds. Could this be the start of Deed Not Breed finally making an impact?

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/080609/ap/d916m6uo2.html

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=138018

i do hope so, its about time something was done 🙂 🙂

Anonymous

I’m cautious at the moment until more is known about this but i have to say it does sound like the message is getting to the right people & we do tent to follow the lead of Europe so you never know – it could be the start of common sense prevailing at long last.  :-\

Anonymous

Well as they are still being bred in the UK even with a law banning the breeding of them, I would expect the goverment to ignore this
    Val

Anonymous

I quite agree Val. In the wake of the death of Ellie Lawrenson Merseyside proved quite clearly that more Pitt Bulls were probably being bred in the UK after they were banned than before.

People have a fascination with the stuff they not meant to have  ::)

Lets hope it brings some good changes  🙂

*Lassie*

it could be the start of common sense prevailing at long last.

I wouldn’t hold your breath ::)
    Common sense and government are direct opposites >:D

*Nick*

it’s an oxymoron

just like ‘military intelligence’

shouldn’t be banned but something has to be done

wags

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=11726.msg222572#msg222572 date=1213238474]
    it’s an oxymoron

just like ‘military intelligence’

shouldn’t be banned but something has to be done
    [/quote]

dont you mean FRIENDLLY FIRE – theres nothing friendly about a missile  >:(

it might mean that the people serious about pit bulls get back into them AND the people who want to be hard find that having something within the law isnt that exiting afterall

as Suz says people have a fascination with stuff they arnt meant to have (have to say im no diffrent)

quote :

as Suz says people have a fascination with stuff they arnt meant to have (have to say im no diffrent)

think we are all like that a bit wags  :-*

The trouble is with no serious breeders breeding for the breed – those who are ‘secretly’ breeding them  are i guess producing crap – specially if they breed them for fighting SO that not the temperment we want is it?  :-\

wags

well im assuming that some people moved when the ban was brought in because they were serious about their breed and people who havent moved but were into breeding pit bulls may import ?

i dont know – the thing is all up in the air really

maybe they could lift the ban BUT not allow imports ?

wee_shee

thank doG 😀

BUT if they allow pit bulls and keep the ban on other breeds then won’t these fighting dogs people just move to another breed?

Diesel73

[quote author=zerlinda link=topic=11726.msg228234#msg228234 date=1215160087]
    BUT if they allow pit bulls and keep the ban on other breeds then won’t these fighting dogs people just move to another breed?
    [/quote]
    Wouldn’t cheer to early about them lifting the ban.
    Now few cities in NL want to have people that live in low-income areas to muzzle their dog  if it’s of a certain breeds. Because they find lowincome people that own the ‘wrong’ breed of dogs generaly cause trouble….. Imagine living there, being a single parent with kids and owning a dog, but hey, or any other godforgiven reason why you not got that much money so you have to live in a lowincome area…. You have to muzzle your dog e-ve-ry time you go out your door. Great  ::) , you got a stamp on your forhead and your Rottweiler or Dobi is instantly considert to be dangerous… and all just because you live in thàt area  :-\ ….
    Was in our newspaper. Lots against, lots pro  🙁 .

i cant belive that desiel, having to muzzle your dog because youve got a low income and its a sertain breed is rediculouse :-\

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime