Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Eating Poo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Eating Poo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RozandFly

Not me, clearly!
    Wally is eating poo, Fly’s poo, and lots of it…
    Fly did it when I first got her but stopped after a few weks.
    I thought he’d stopped doing it but he hasn’t! Fly just went outside, went to the loo, 2 mins later I go outside to clear it up, and no need, Wally has scoffed the lot.
    No doubt there are threads on this somewhere but can somone summarise why he might be doing this, what am I not doing/giving him, what can I do about it.
    It’s just icky!!!!
    All suggestions greatfully received!
    Thanks

First question is what are you feeding him on?  🙂

xtine

was going to ask about this.. a friends dog is eating his own  :tease: … they were told to put pineapple in the food… ?  :-\

RozandFly

He’s on nature diet with terrier kibble (he’s on the sensitive one as the other made him fart and have runny poo!). But his stomach is much better and no farting…just poo eating :vomit:

Well Izzy used to be a poo eater, she was on royal canin (from the breeder) then i changed to Burns, tried the pineapple thing, cleaning up before she got a chance to do it, everything but the only way it stopped was by changing her to a natural diet.  She completely stopped eating her own poo, but for a few weeks she would still try and eat other dogs freshly pooed poo!  But it was only the poo of the dogs who were fed on crappy food, so the poo looked and smelled just like the canned food! 

There’s nothing much to her poos now and its been about 2yrs since she last did it!

hi,

they dont see it as ‘icky’ tho …

are you feeding Fly the same ?? 

is it only hers or other dogs too ??

my wills snacks on his and bonnies poop when the fancy takes him lol !!!

claire x

kizkiznobite
    Anonymous

Maybe ‘eating poo’ could be a sticky?  Seems to come up alot?  🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=13884.msg263006#msg263006 date=1236881905]
    Well Izzy used to be a poo eater, she was on royal canin (from the breeder) then i changed to Burns, tried the pineapple thing, cleaning up before she got a chance to do it, everything but the only way it stopped was by changing her to a natural diet.  She completely stopped eating her own poo, but for a few weeks she would still try and eat other dogs freshly pooed poo!  But it was only the poo of the dogs who were fed on crappy food, so the poo looked and smelled just like the canned food! 

There’s nothing much to her poos now and its been about 2yrs since she last did it!
    [/quote]crappy food a lot of pepole have lodt thier jobs and feeding you dog on cheaper food ia better than not feeding it at all pepole that feed cheaper food are often made to feel that they are harming thier dogs in some way so please rember cheap food is better than no food at all we buy what we can afford
    k

r

Sorry cannot agree – many butchers and even supermarkets offload cheap meats and veg at end of day – can work out a lot cheaper than balls in a bag etc.

I know times are hard, ive been there – down to pennies and struggling – i still never found it cheaper to buy cheap dog food.

Dont agree either,id rather feed izzy on brown bread and cheap sardines than buy a cheap commercial food!!  And by cheap im not talking about the price, its the ingredients and mushed up dead pets im talking about!!  :vomit:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime